• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of my hand detailed ride (metallic black Jag)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my hand detailed ride (metallic black Jag)

This is my 2nd car (I've had 3 total, all Jags) and has been in my possession for the last 3 1/2 years. The previous owner was a fanatic about maintenance and it has been a dream to own and drive.

I began detailing with an Autoglym wax in the UK (I'm prior Air Force). When I moved back to the US 6 months later, I discovered what #26 and a soft T-shirt could do. I used a 25 year old natural chamois kept in mint shape, the likes I have never been able to find to this day. I used Omega Glaze and dropped it in favor of #7.

Once I made the discovery of microfiber for applying/removing products, I found Gold Class. I have since tried many of the premium waxes by Mothers, Zymol, Blackfire, Zaino, P21S, and Pinnacle. I settled on P21S and Pinnacle for their ease of use and since I had a jar of both, I was set for a while.

I have since wrote a 14 page article on the do's and don'ts of detailing to help out people with questions on how/why to wash a car, what I prefer to use and why, and how to achieve some of the same results. Mike's signature quote to stick with something is something I've been saying to others for a while, along with "if you drop it on the ground, your done with it." I'm proud to be Car Crazy!!

Once I signed up for the Meguiar's detailing day last weekend, I purchased a PC, #83, some extra microfiber towels, and most importantly, NXT! I can't wait for the goodie box to arrive.

At last, here are some pics of the car taken last year. I tied for second to two much newer cars in the Properautocare.com sizzling shine contest. I was pleased then, I can't wait to see the before/after with the PC.

Sunny

Detailing is like playing music.. the more you practice, the better you become at it.

AWSOME PIC. This should be made into a poster!!

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Very nice -- there's nothing better than just a just waxed black car. Now, just to keep it that way.

Comment

Thank you for the compliments! I look at these pictures and think of the PC on the way, and that I hope I can use it with #83 it to hide some of the peel on the doors. Mike and Jaime were able to help out the trunk lid, the worst part of the car.

Whomever put the pictures in the gallery, thank you!! Now that I know its there, no need to click on each attachment..

Happy detailing!
        Sunny
        Detailing is like playing music.. the more you practice, the better you become at it.

Comment

Nice work... All by hand? Once you get your PC you will never wax by hand again!

I agree with Superior Shine that is a great hood shot!
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

That looks soo good, black cars and wax are the best mix when done right
            --Marta--
            2001 Grand Am GT
            2002 Camaro

Comment

Yes, by hand. I can't wait for the PC!

I swear by the quick detailer 5 times a week. The day to day maintenance saves me from a full wash, which is necessary to clean the wheel arches, rims, and nooks/crannies around the bumpers that are too time consuming to do during a quick 5 minute detail.

I average 2k miles/month, so getting into the habit of using a quick detailer has saved me so much time over the last few years, waxing by hand hasn't seemed so bad until I saw what I could do with a dose of #83 and TSX. I promise before and after pics, the order was processed Monday, with luck, this weekend??

Sunny

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');