• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 BMW 325i paint correction: Rasky's Auto Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 BMW 325i paint correction: Rasky's Auto Detailing

2004 BMW 325i paint correction

The owner of this fine E46 recently purchased the car used with a little over 30k on the clock. While it was in very good condition overall, the paint did have some moderate swirling that was taking away from it's true potential. I had evaluated this car in early June, and based on the condition and the owners expectations, we agreed upon my Premium exterior service (2-step correction). The service was booked for my next available opening, 9/24/11.

Process:

• Wash: Foam Cannon with OPC/CGCW mix and 2BM wash using a lambs wool mitt and CGCW. Boars hair and lambs wool detail brushes were also used to clean hard to reach areas.
    • Wheels: Cleaned using Sonax Full Effect with various brushes and wash mitt. Wheel faces later coated with Optimum Opti-Guard.
    • Tires: Cleaned with OPC and Tuf Shine tire brush, dresses with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing.
    • Wheel wells: Cleaned with OPC and dressed with Meguiar's Hyper Dressing.
    • Tar: Removed with Stoners Tarminator
    • Clay: Clay Magic and ONR as lube
    • Glass: Cleaned with Meguiar's D120. Front wind shield also had a couple water spots that had ran down the glass and stained it...owner wanted them removed if possible. Chemical Guys Water Spot Remover was allowed to dwell for a few minutes which did the trick. I followed by polishing the front glass with M205 and then coated with Opti-Guard
    • Paint correction: Meguiar's M105 applied via Griots GG6 D/A equipped with 6.5" and 4" Surbuf pads. Finishing step was M205 applied via Griots GG6 D/A and 5" and 4" LC Hydro tangerine pads. (Some tight areas were done with M105 and 3" MF pads)
    • Head/Tail lights: Meguiar's D300 with 3" MF pads, followed by M205 and 4" black LC pads. Later coated with Opti-Guard
    • Trim: Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant
    • Paint Protection: Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Before pics

Foam bath

After claying the sun popped up a little so I tried to capture the defect in the paint with little success...

All taped up with Meguiar's masking tape and some 3M fine line tape to protect trim

I tried all different kinds of lighting and camera setting to get the best 50/50 shots I could in an attempt to show the true condition of the paint, but silver is very hard to acieve this on (I'm all ears on tips for doing so!). Hopefully you can still see the difference a little.

50/50 shots after M105/Surbuf

Left door corrected

Hologens

Tail lights before

After

Headlight before

After

Applying Opti-Guard to lights
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Re: 2004 BMW 325i paint correction: Rasky's Auto Detailing

Finished pics!

Note: I applied Opti-Guard to certain areas of the vehicle (wheels, front glass, lights) to help the owner decide if it's something he wanted to invest in for his wife's car which is scheduled in a couple weeks. I did so free of charge and was also not asked to do so. However, I'm confident it will result in the sale of the coating on his wife's Mini so the small amount of extra time and product cost is worth it.

As always, Thanks for looking!

Rasky
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Man that silver is just gleaming!!! Great job Chad!
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

wow...nice work!
        looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor!
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Great job Chad. You can defintely see the clarity in the before and after.
          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Always phenomenal work Chad!
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Thanks Guys!
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

nice work, gleaming now !

Comment

Great job making a 7 year old vehicle look better than it did when new.

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                  Note: I applied Opti-Guard to certain areas of the vehicle (wheels, front glass, lights) to help the owner decide if it's something he wanted to invest in for his wife's car which is scheduled in a couple weeks. I did so free of charge and was also not asked to do so. However, I'm confident it will result in the sale of the coating on his wife's Mini so the small amount of extra time and product cost is worth it.
                  Come on, fess up on what really happened. I think you just love using that stuff

After using the super coating offerings from CQuartz and GTechniq over the past year I finally purchased my first Opti Coat syringe a few weeks back. I have poked around for tips on application but would love to hear any advice straight from the Opti Coat master.

Comment

Fantastic work, that looks beautiful. I love BMW's arctic silver paint, and this looks better than new. I have a silver BMW myself that I hope I can one day have it look this good.

Comment

It's clean as a whistle!! Nice job as always Rasky.

Comment

Looks good neighbor!

Bill

Comment

It came out great, Chad.
                          Great product selection for The Bimmer's makeover.

I remember when you discovered how well MF discs/D300/M105 work for clear plastic light restorations during DA MF System testings. It still brings great results.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

Originally posted by Shawn Devlin View Post
                            Great job making a 7 year old vehicle look better than it did when new.

Come on, fess up on what really happened. I think you just love using that stuff

After using the super coating offerings from CQuartz and GTechniq over the past year I finally purchased my first Opti Coat syringe a few weeks back. I have poked around for tips on application but would love to hear any advice straight from the Opti Coat master.
                            LOL! I do like using it!

I have an article on the DI blog coming out in the next week or two with an application video and write up on OC. Keep an eye out for it.
                            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');