• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2011 Chevy Cruze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2011 Chevy Cruze

Hey everyone.

I bought a new car a couple of months ago to replace my Civic and thought I would share some pics with you of my new ride.

These are all after shots, because I don't let it get dirty enough for any before shots. I have been using ONR at least twice a week and if it hasn't rained, I will just do an LT wipe down. Eventhough I didn't order the car, I did get it the day it came off the truck, so I asked my sales guy to NOT do the dealer prep and leave it dirty. He was a little shocked, but did comply and that left me with completely swirl free car. Now it is up to me to keep it that way...

I recently ran out of my NXT 2.0 wax, so I bought some of the ULW to try. So far I am pretty impressed. I did read quite a few posts that said to only leave 3-5 minutes of dry time and that seemed to work pretty well for me.

Now on to the pics!

I did find something a little unsettling, an imperfection in the paint, when I washed this time. I don't know how I never saw this before, but now it's all I can see. The problem is a lack of pigment in the paint on the leading edge of the rear doors where they meet the trailing edge of the front doors.

I took it to the dealer and the body shop manager said it is fixable, but the fix could end up being worse than the problem. He said there appears to be plenty of clear, so it shouldn't lead to any corrosion problems. He left the decision up to me, and I told him I would probably just keep an eye on it and see what happens over the next 3 years/36,000 miles. What do you all think???
    Greg D.

2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Imperial Blue
    2008 Chevy Suburban LT - Black

Re: My 2011 Chevy Cruze

Nice color..

Keep it that way mate.

Cheers

Comment

Great color choice. Love it! How do you like it compared to the Civic? Which engine option did you go with? Congrats on the new car!

Comment

Great color, great car. I am also wanting to know how you like it. Is it as good on gaz as they claim ?

For your paint problem, I have something similar inside the hood of my 2009 Pontiac Vibe, which was assembled at the Numi Toyota/GM plant. I would live it this way. I would be afraid that they would make it worst if the job is not made correctly.

Comment

Car looks good...I think i'm going to go buy some ULW and try it.

I would fix it..it would bother me seen it lol

Comment

My HHR had a spot like that when it was brand new. Haven't had a problem thus far at 85k, in rough environment.

That car looks absolutely stunning BTW!!
            My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by vp920b View Post
              Nice color..

Keep it that way mate.

Cheers

Thanks, the dark blue really provides great reflections.

Originally posted by APR Tuned View Post
              Great color choice. Love it! How do you like it compared to the Civic? Which engine option did you go with? Congrats on the new car!
              This is the Eco model with the 6-spd manual transmission and the 1.4L turbo. Only the LS (base) comes with the 1.8L non-turbo. Effectively, this is like a 1LT with aero-performance upgrades and 200 pounds of weight reduction, plus the super awesome 18" polished alum wheels. As for the Civic, I thought after 13 years with my 1998 I would just buy a new one and be done with it. But the new versions were so radically different and hard to get in a manual (except at the Si level). This car drove so well that it wasn't a difficult decision. The only hard part was picking the color; black and red cost extra ($200 & $400) so it came down to the blue or gray, but now that I have the blue... I can't imagine it any other way.

Originally posted by PursuitSE View Post
              Great color, great car. I am also wanting to know how you like it. Is it as good on gaz as they claim ?

For your paint problem, I have something similar inside the hood of my 2009 Pontiac Vibe, which was assembled at the Numi Toyota/GM plant. I would live it this way. I would be afraid that they would make it worst if the job is not made correctly.
              The gas mileage is great. For the Eco model the EPA estimates are 28/42/33 for city, highway, and combined. I have been getting an average of 40.1 over 4000 miles of 50/50 driving. You can check out my Fuelly page if you want to see more

At the very bottom of the page you can click on Browse Similar Cars to see what other Cruze owners are getting for MPG.

Originally posted by aris View Post
              Car looks good...I think i'm going to go buy some ULW and try it.

I would fix it..it would bother me seen it lol

Thanks, the ULW was a breeze to put on with the G110 and came over very quickly. No wax residue on the black plastic is totally worth it. Get some!
              Greg D.

Comment

Awesome shine.
                And I like your idea of saving it from the dealer

Comment

Wouldn't bother me considering the price of the car -- now had my Inifiniti m37X come to me like that.. different story.
                  2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

I'm surprised quality control didnt catch that. I would say that is definitely a goof and not the norm.

Colin
                    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                      I'm surprised quality control didnt catch that.

Colin
                      lol. QC... hmm.
                      2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by 1970judge View Post
                        My HHR had a spot like that when it was brand new. Haven't had a problem thus far at 85k, in rough environment.

That car looks absolutely stunning BTW!!
                        Thanks, that's good to hear that it hasn't been a problem for you. And thanks, "stunning" is a good word.

Originally posted by tayyabchaudhary View Post
                        Awesome shine.
                        And I like your idea of saving it from the dealer
                        I had read somewhere on the boards here that someone had asked for the car to not be touched. But it only works if the car hasn't been sitting on the lot, because then the lot techs go out and wash all the cars to keep them looking nice for the people walking around.

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                        I'm surprised quality control didnt catch that. I would say that is definitely a goof and not the norm. Colin
                        Yeah, me too. I went around the car with a pretty discerning eye before I bought it, but this one got away from me.
                        Greg D.

Comment

Car really turned out good. Enjoy it!
                          Don
                          "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

The paint looks like liquid. Awesome results!
                            -James
                            2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');