• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 Chevy Impala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Chevy Impala

2002 Chevy Impala, 130k miles.

This was a basic one step exterior, plus interior.

Client is preparing to trade the vehicle in, so I was told not to go to crazy on it.

Befores:

I started by cleaning the wheels, tires, and wells with Super Degreaser, Wheel Brightener , and then foamed them up with Deep Crystal Car Wash, agitated, then rinsed.

I foamed the body down with 5oz of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and the rest filled with water in my foam gun.

I agitated with a couple of Meguiars wash mitts and a bug sponge where needed.

Rinsed, then dried with Water Magnets.

I decided to tackle the floor mats first:

I did a dry brush and vac on them, then sprayed them down with All Purpose Cleaner, ran my carpet brush through a bucket of hot water, agitated until the thick foam showed no dirt, then gave them a pressure wash rinse.

Here they are several hours later:

I did the same exact process on the interior carpet.

I cleaned all hard surfaces and leather with All Purpose Cleaner, terry cloths and various brushes, then dressed with Quik Interior Detailer.

All glass was cleaned with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1 with a cotton cloth.

Jambs were cleaned with soap and water.

All vents and crevices were brushed out.

I clayed the exterior with the Smooth Surface Clay Kit.

I removed some extreme baked on goo or sap with some Glass Cleaner Concentrate and an old credit card.

I one stepped the paint with my G110, an 5.5" LC green pad and #66 - Quick Detailer (Cleaner/Wax), I then applied some Ultimate Quik Wax to the finish.

Tires, trim and wells were dressed with All Season Dressing.

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 2002 Chevy Impala

What PSI are you hitting the mats with, as opposed to the car itself?
    My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looks great as always, Nick. That should help him out big time at trade in time. Way to go.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice work Nick

Comment

Looks like you went crazy with it anyway Nice work Nick

Comment

Great job! Car looks fantastic. Why did you decide on a LC Green pad?
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Car did not look too bad for 130k, I'd pimp that. If you can, let us know what he got for trade in on it. As I had a similar situaiton with my mother in law. I was taking care of her vehicle and when it was time for the trade in, it got over book value and one of the remarks was how clean and well taken care of.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');