• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Detail A Black 2005+ Toyota Tacoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Detail A Black 2005+ Toyota Tacoma?

just wondering if anybody has fully detailed a black toyota tacoma 2005 or newer. i have a 2007 and i'm just curious what my paint is capable of. i searched and only found one thread on here. but the pics weren't too clear. my paint isn't in bad shape, but i wonder what kind of shine its capable of.
    2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Re: Anybody Detail A Black 2005+ Toyota Tacoma?

The condition it starts in is somewhat a factor in the level you can bring it to, but more than anything, the amount of time, effort and quality of product you put into the car will determine the end result.

For a full detail on a tacoma (wash, clay, 2 steps of polish, and wax) assume 10-12 hours if using a porter cable type DA.
    Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
      The condition it starts in is somewhat a factor in the level you can bring it to, but more than anything, the amount of time, effort and quality of product you put into the car will determine the end result.

For a full detail on a tacoma (wash, clay, 2 steps of polish, and wax) assume 10-12 hours if using a porter cable type DA.
      what 2 steps of polish do you mean? the most i've ever done was wash, clay, clean with swirl-x, deep crystal polish, nxt wax (all by hand)

Comment

2 steps, i think usually means M205 and then M105.

Comment

It would actually be M105 and then M205 if those are the polishes you chose.

I just mean two step polish going with something aggressive first and then a finishing polish second.
          Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
          Houston Area Mobile Detailing
          www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

i forgot the aggressive of the product...
            sorry.

Comment

I own a 2007 Tacoma... With alot of scratches from branches from wheeling, and improper washing techniques... Then I saw the light after using a claybar when the surface of my hood didnt feel like it should... To buff out my truck I used M83 with a G110 then followed it up with M205 on DA. Never looked so good...

Your truck is capable of looking amazing, just depends on how far you want to go with the paint. I wasnt looking to have a show car shine because it will get more scuffs/scratches when out wheeling but was able to remove about 90 percent of swirls on the truck. Took about 9 hours of work. If your looking to get great results I'd recommend purchasing a dual action polisher, your arms will thank you!

A great over the counter product is ultimate compound. I've used that combo followed by m205 and got some spectacular results. Good luck with whatever route you choose to go with on your truck! Dont forget to post your results
              - Markito -

Comment

the only thing i hate about my truck is that it's black, but with the metal flake. almost every other black vehicle i see looks better than mine because it has the depth. it seems like no matter what i do, i can't achieve that depth mirror finish because the metal flake stands out so much. my black truck almost looks green in certain light conditions. i'm just curious if any pro detailers out there have achieved making this black paint "pop" even with the metal flake.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');