• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Acura TSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Acura TSX

I was playing a gig with a bass player who I play with a lot and for some reason during one of our breaks I told him I like to detail cars. So he said, "Can you do my Prius and my wife's Acura?" Long story short, here you go!

He has a 2010 Prius (which I'm doing tomorrow) but the Acura was a lot cleaner than I had thought! So sorry for the lack of difference between the befores and afters.

Car arrived around noon. I like the color!

Wheels and tires before... again, not too bad.

Interior befores were indistinguishable from the afters, there were a couple of spots to take care of, but take my word for it!

It's really hot in NC lately, so the car was delivered hot, so I decided to start with the interior to let the car cool off.

I vacummed the carpet and mats and then shampooed the mats with Quik Out Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. I usually have a stiff bristled brush in a bucket of hot water and then I agitate the cleaner into the mats, rinse out with cotton towels and then leave the mats in the sun to dry.

All vinyl and leather surfaces were cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner 4:1. I finished off the interior with a nice satin sheen from Quik Interior Detailer. Door jambs were also cleaned with APC 4:1.

Here are the interior afters:

(Love the color.)

This got me through the day... can't have too much Gatorade either!

I then moved to the exterior since the car was cooled off. I washed the wheels, wells, and tires with Super Degreaser 4:1, Wheel Brightener 4:1, Auto Glym Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner (It's OK, trying to get rid of it.), and various brushes.

Tires were pretty dirty!

Much better...

Wells before:

Wells after:

After rinsing the car, as you can see there was absolutely no water beading/sheeting, which meant absolutely no wax protection. (There's water on there, I promise...)

I washed the car with Auto Glym Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner, and Body Solvent on the front, lower skirts, and where needed.

After a nice long wash:

After washing, I clayed the paint with Last Touch 1:1 and a Mothers clay bar. Again, the car was in pretty good shape, not too many bonded contaminants.

After claying, I found a couple of spots to touch up, like this black scuff:

A little bit of Ultimate Compound with a Hi-Tech Foam Applicator Pad took care of the problem:

After touching up, I sealed with paint by hand with ColorX using a Lake Country CCS White Polishing Hand Pad. After removing the ColorX, I boosted it with a coat of Ultimate Quik Wax.

Glass was cleaned with Glass Cleaner Concentrate 10:1, and tires were dressed with Hyper Dressing 2:1.

Afters:

Thanks for looking! Be on the lookout for the Prius in the next couple of days!
    1998 Supermarine Blue Pearl Honda CR-V

Re: 2008 Acura TSX

Nice work. The car looks great.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

The Acura looks very good. Way to go.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Acura really turned out nice. I love the color. Good job.
        Don
        "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');