• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1997 Cadillac Deville, 11' Venza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Cadillac Deville, 11' Venza

1997 Cadillac Deville, 63k miles.

Owned by an older gentleman, he has had it for thirteen years and all he has really done is wash it from time to time. I was suprised how great of shape the paint was in, I would have expected the white paint to be a little chalky and somewhat oxidized it but actually did not look to bad.

The paint also has a metallic flake and is not just basic white, not sure what GM calls it but I did an Escalade the other month that was the exact same paint.

The interior was not in very good shape, the steering wheel, armrest, and leather was loaded with dirt and grime. The rear seats and carpet were immaculate though.

The owner had taken it in for an oil change the day before the detail, they washed it for him but definitly not up to my standards. It rained like crazy the night before and there was a film of dirt on the paint anyway.

In the end, the client went with a one step polish, some sealant, and a full interior detail.

A before shot:

I washed the wheels, tires, wells, and trim pieces with Deep Crystal Car Wash, Super Degreaser, All Purpose Cleaner and various brushes.

I washed the car with Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner, bugs and tar were treated with Body Solvent and a bug sponge.

I dried it with some Water Magnets, then did a vac on the trunk and wiped the jambs out:

Some before shots of the interior, note the amount of dirt and grime on the wheel, shifter, and leather.

I vac'd and dry brushed the carpet, all hard surfaces and leather was cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner, cotton cloths, and various brushes. Then dressed with Quik Interior Detailer.

The carpet was cleaned with All Purpose Cleaner, warm water, a brush, then extracted with my shop vac, water, then dried with cotton towels and the blower ortion on my shop vac.

Glass was cleaned with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1, the wood trim was waxed with Gold Class Liquid Wax, jambs were wiped out with All Purpose Cleaner.

I lightly clayed the paint with Detailing Clay (Mild) and Last Touch Spray Detailer at 1:1.

I then polished the paint with #205 - Ultra Finishing Polish, my G110, and several W8207 pads on speed 5. I sealed the paint with NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0.

I waxed the wheels with #20 - Polymer Sealant, tires and fenderwells were dressed with All Season Dressing.

================================

2011 Toyota Venza, 163 miles.

I usually saw his 10' model every week. He went over on his lease and actually ended up getting in a nasty accident and the rear end was messed up pretty bad.

He ended up getting the exact same vehicle, exact same color as well, its just a year newer and there were only a few cosmetic changes made to the exterior.

Two before shots:

I stripped off the greasy tire dressing the dealer applied with some All Purpose Cleaner and some soap and water. The wells and wheels were just cleaned with soap and water as well.

I washed the whole car with Ultimate Wash And Wax and a Meguiars wash mitt, scrubbed the bugs off with a bug sponge and the wash solution.

I dried it with some Water Magnets, did a vac on the interior and wiped it down with Quik Interior Detailer.

Tires dressed with #40 - Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner, glass cleaned with Glass Cleaner Concentrate at 10:1. The wells were dressed with Hyper-Dressing at 2:1.

The engine was wiped down with Quik Interior Detailer:

A few after shots:

The client thought my prep was much more acceptable than the dealers.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: 1997 Cadillac Deville, 11' Venza

Nice job on both Nick. That's the same metalic grey that's on my Camry Hybrid. Love that color.
    Don
    "In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." unknown

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OC-Det...7770507?v=wall

Comment

Great work as always, Nick.

It is hard to believe the Caddy's paint still looked that good after 13 years of minimal care. Inside and out the Caddy looks great.

The Venza, what can you say. The customer said it all. Your level of prep is much more acceptable then most dealers. The Venza looks great.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Awesome work Nick

Comment

The inside of that Caddy looks great. It is amazing how much general grime can build up after 13 years of normal use. I bet it has another 13 left in it now that it is clean.

Jenn

Comment

Nice job Nick! I personally love cars with metallic finishes. My sister has a silver metallic Honda Civic that I love working on.

The interior on that Caddy looks amazingl; a 180 degree turn around!

I really have to try UWW. It looks really good on that Venza.
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by gto_don View Post
              Nice job on both Nick. That's the same metalic grey that's on my Camry Hybrid. Love that color.
              Thanks Don.

Its such a nice color.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
              Great work as always, Nick.

It is hard to believe the Caddy's paint still looked that good after 13 years of minimal care. Inside and out the Caddy looks great.

The Venza, what can you say. The customer said it all. Your level of prep is much more acceptable then most dealers. The Venza looks great.
              Thank you John.

I appreciate it.

Originally posted by aris View Post
              Awesome work Nick
              Thanks aris!

Originally posted by jenn1270 View Post
              The inside of that Caddy looks great. It is amazing how much general grime can build up after 13 years of normal use. I bet it has another 13 left in it now that it is clean.

Jenn
              Thanks.

The interior took the longest.

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
              Nice job Nick! I personally love cars with metallic finishes. My sister has a silver metallic Honda Civic that I love working on.

The interior on that Caddy looks amazingl; a 180 degree turn around!

I really have to try UWW. It looks really good on that Venza.
              Thanks.
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

Excellent work on both vehicles. The color on the Caddy is Diamond White Pearl - it is truly a striking color when clean in sunlight or bright artificial light.

Comment

Originally posted by agp56 View Post
                  Excellent work on both vehicles. The color on the Caddy is Diamond White Pearl - it is truly a striking color when clean in sunlight or bright artificial light.
                  Thanks, it sure is a really nice color.
                  Nick
                  815-954-0773

Comment

Good job on those cars Tuck!

I met an elderly gentlemen in one of sporting goods store in Medford OR. He was looking for stuff to wash it with and I happen along. I grabbed what I needed and I was hoping he would stop me and he did. I told him what to buy. He was excited. I told him where I lived if he needed assistance. He bought some GC wash, microfiber towels, lambs wool mitt, and of course some other Meguiar's stuff (UQD, GC applicators and other misc stuff). He was happy. I did find his car and he took good care of it. White Lincoln with gold accents.

Those Venza's seem to be pretty nice cars.

Great job!

Good show
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

As always, great job Nick!!! I love the before/after pictures of the caddy. The interior was just soiled and you brought it back to life. I'm sure that the owner was ecstatic to see the difference! The car pretty much got revived from the dead and it looks new. How much time did you spend on the caddy?

I love the new Venza's.
                      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Very impressed with how the Cadillac came out! And I love the color on the Venza. It truly looks perfect. Nice work!
                        -James
                        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                          Good job on those cars Tuck!

I met an elderly gentlemen in one of sporting goods store in Medford OR. He was looking for stuff to wash it with and I happen along. I grabbed what I needed and I was hoping he would stop me and he did. I told him what to buy. He was excited. I told him where I lived if he needed assistance. He bought some GC wash, microfiber towels, lambs wool mitt, and of course some other Meguiar's stuff (UQD, GC applicators and other misc stuff). He was happy. I did find his car and he took good care of it. White Lincoln with gold accents.

Those Venza's seem to be pretty nice cars.

Great job!

Good show
                          Thank you Nappers!

Glad to see you steered him in the right direction!

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                          As always, great job Nick!!! I love the before/after pictures of the caddy. The interior was just soiled and you brought it back to life. I'm sure that the owner was ecstatic to see the difference! The car pretty much got revived from the dead and it looks new. How much time did you spend on the caddy?

I love the new Venza's.
                          Thank you. The owner was very happy with how the car turned out.

I spent about 7 hours on the Cadillac.

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                          Very impressed with how the Cadillac came out! And I love the color on the Venza. It truly looks perfect. Nice work!
                          Thank you Golden!
                          Nick
                          815-954-0773

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');