• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001WS-6's Detail (Reflections Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001WS-6's Detail (Reflections Inside)

I must say this car was a absolute pleasure to work on. A very low milage WS.6 from the original owner, Kirt. One of the nicest things is that he is close!

My process is pretty set at this point, when I get into paint correction more then I will have to add more steps.
    The reflection shots were insane and I beleive it as the car needed VERY little clay (bumper only) and the swirls were very little.

Process:

Wash- Meguiar's Gold Class
    Clay- Mother's Brand
    Polish/Glaze- #7 Meg's Show Car Glaze
    Wax #1- Meguiar's NXT 2.0
    Wax #2- Meguiar's #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax
    Booster- Ultimate Quick Wax
    Wheels- Wash/Dry
    Tires- Armor All Extreme Shine Tire Gel
    Leather- Meg's Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

The rest was a vaccume and cleaning of the HD rubber mats with Purple Power and a brush. Also did the jambs and cleaned the engine bay by hand and his underhood mirrors.

Over all Kirt was extremely impressed and I was very pleased to hear that!

As for the products, IMO I do not think people need to spend big $$$ to get great results. For those who talked to people outside this country, Meguiar's products go for big $$$ and are dying to try them out so go fig.

Re: 2001WS-6's Detail (Reflections Inside)

Great work. The car looks fantastic. Awesome reflections.

The only thing that made me shudder was this. No microfibers under the the tin of NXT, or the bottles of #7, #26.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
      Great work. The car looks fantastic. Awesome reflections.

The only thing that made me shudder was this. No microfibers under the the tin of NXT, or the bottles of #7, #26.
      I was thinking the exact same thing! Otherwise though, great job, car looks incredible!
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Nah they were quite clean, and I just put on top and then took off. Nothing happend underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
          I was thinking the exact same thing! Otherwise though, great job, car looks incredible!
          me 2... we are paranoid hahaha.. awsome job on the "bird" and yes here in Chile meguiars is exensive.. the Gold Class Wax runs close to 40dls for the bottle. its not the megs reprensentative but the customs agents, 25 of the cost goes for taxes, and add the shipping all the way here its expensive
          Nelson Zapata - Advance Detail - Detailing and Auto Reconditioning in Santiago Chile.

Comment

Looks good! I've always wanted an LS1 WS6 car.
            -James
            2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

WHAT? No underhood shots? You can't show off such a hot F body without and engine pic! Nice job.

Comment

Gorgeous
                F-body for ever
                1995 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
                1996 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
                1999 Camaro Z28 6 Speed -Sold-
                2005 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

That is PURE black and awesome. I love it. This gives me inspiration to redo my car just so I can get it to look like that.

Comment

Nice reflections! Put some microfibers underneath next time!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

That's one of my favorite cars!

Reflection does look outstanding.

EEKS! No microfiber under the cans of wax and Polish bottles!
                      Matt

Comment

Nice and clean! One question, if you're laying down show glaze#7 first which is a pretty oily glaze, how is the 2.0 going to bond to the paint? Generally you want to always put a sealant on fresh clean paint and then top it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by never gone View Post
                          Nice and clean! One question, if you're laying down show glaze#7 first which is a pretty oily glaze, how is the 2.0 going to bond to the paint? Generally you want to always put a sealant on fresh clean paint and then top it from there.
                          Speaking with Meguiar's themselves they made the suggestion as the glaze gets the rich oils back into the paint. The NXT leaves a wax/sealant finish, and then the #26 has that Carnuba Blend.

Comment

As for the MF thing. I was going for the reflection look. The wing is level and nothing was going to damange anything. Have faith, the clear coat will hold. Its not cupcake icing.

Comment

What a sweet ride. I have a friend who owned a 2001 WS-6, but it was white. That car would run like a scaled dog. With a 6 speed manual tranny, it was a blast to drive. He installed some roller rockers and headers on it when he owned it. He was going to add a Vortec Supercharger on it, but sold it before that came along.

Great work on the car! I just love black cars when they are polished and swirl free!! They look SWEET!!!
                              2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');