• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1964 Belair restoration 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Belair restoration 2

I have had some MOL friends that have asked what I have been doing lately. Here it is.

My wife and father-in law rebuilt the engine. With some help, I painted the motor. My brother-in law and father in law did the rest.

I was able to spend some time detailing the car. This is what 46 year old paint looks like after claying, M205, and M26 wax on it looks. Yes, she does have some surface rust, but man the paint looks good!

I also was able to use steel wool on the crome bumpers and the grill since the grill is stainless steel. I can not emphasize enough, before using steel wool on anything, know the surface that you are working on.

At the local car show. We used UQW on the engine compartment to bring out the shine.

I was really tickled to see how the engine and the car looked like after it was all done. I want to thank my father-in law and brother-in law for all the help. Without you this would have never been done. You guys are awesome!
    Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Re: 1964 Belair restoration 2

Wow, a fine looking 64 you have there...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Its great to have the family to help out and be involved in car restoration. Mint looking Bel Air, sleepy. Wish I can import some to my place here.
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

That really is a family project. The Bel Air looks very good.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
          Wow, a fine looking 64 you have there...
          Thank You and Thank You for viewing.

Originally posted by TimG View Post
          Its great to have the family to help out and be involved in car restoration. Mint looking Bel Air, sleepy. Wish I can import some to my place here.

It is great to have a family like I do, I am trully blessed.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          That really is a family project. The Bel Air looks very good.

Thanks, and thanks for viewing.
          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
            ...My wife and father-in law rebuilt the engine...

That's just awesome!! I had to read that line a second time because I thought I had read it wrong.

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
              That's just awesome!! I had to read that line a second time because I thought I had read it wrong.

Colin
              Thanks for your comments and viewing. My father in law has been a mechanic for over 45yrs. This is the first father - daughter project they have had. I could not be any more proud of them.
              Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');