• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 94 Jeep Cherokee...scarred for life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 94 Jeep Cherokee...scarred for life

I've been wanting to try the PakShak APC under the hood. Get all the grime off already. With a little scrubbing and rinsing it came out pretty clean. I didnt do the most thorough wipe, so there's still a little dirt, but it's under the hood..seriously

Moving on....

It's been parked by sprinklers, so I decided to go ahead and attempt some correction on the clear while I was at it. I've only gotten through the pass. side and the hood. It's a work in progress.

Sadly, the clear was really thin on the hood and I burned through one of the edges with the following combo: Rotary, Megs yellow wool, FT & M105 combo. I spread it with the rotary off, had it at 1 and started to spread and work. Turned it to 2 and as soon as it caught that edge, game over! Im guessing it was possible too dry (the wool).

Well, I had to fix what I did to the rest so I moved on to a white LC pad and Ultimate Compound followed by PO85RD and a white pad. LSP consisted of 2 layers of Rejex, then two coats of Collinite #845. Once I get a paste nuba, im putting that on top too.

I need a better LED light, but I'll get it later on down the road.

Tell me what y'all think so far. The first 3 pics look like it's clean, but there wasn't enough sun to get a better pic.:

It's a yellow wool, not blue!

See where I caught it Good thing it was on my Jeep and not the Explorer or someone elses ride :scared:

Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
    Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Re: My 94 Jeep Cherokee...scarred for life

Looks Great! I bet that was scary when you started to see some blue!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

let's just say it was an experience
      Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP

Comment

Actually, i find the LED light pretty effective.

Though it's not as good as something like a sun gun, but for $10 at walgreens it does the trick.

It shows more swirls and marring than my cheap 500watt halogens.
        2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
        2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

agreed. My LED just isn't bright enough though.
          Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP

Comment

Looks good. Sorry to hear about the rotary burn. All in all the Jeep looks good.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Sorry to hear about the rotary burn - I feel your pain. Imagine my surprise when I got DA burn on my Porsche...from a G100!

The XJ looks great, it's always been one of my favorites. That's a nice blue too.
              If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

oh man, with a DA?! that's crazy! dont porsches have a softer paint?

Thanks for the compliment. Ill get to the driver side eventually haha
                Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP

Comment

Nice work.Havn't tried an LED before.They seem ultra bright for 10 or so LEDs.

Comment

Nice color! And a great turnaround! Those Jeeps are keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by jlb85 View Post
                      Nice color! And a great turnaround! Those Jeeps are keepers.
                      Try telling my wife that haha. I like the color too. It grew on me.
                      Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP

Comment

Sweet! Are those Nitro Wheels?

I had a mint 96 XJ. I only had it two months before I lifted it. lol
                        -James
                        2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Nice work, just think that burn could have been worse.... :-(

Comment

niec work on the XJ bro!!! love those jeeps. i am about to start a correction on my 08 WK.. just got a 7424xp with some LC pads and meguair's products check out jeepgarage.org if you have time
                            www.JEEPGARAGE.org

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                              Sweet! Are those Nitro Wheels?

I had a mint 96 XJ. I only had it two months before I lifted it. lol
                              Indeed they are looks good huh Mine's a SE 2wd, so no lifting.

Originally posted by EmersonHart13 View Post
                              Nice work, just think that burn could have been worse.... :-(
                              yeah, i felt it grab and pulled up as soon as I could.

Originally posted by dreamps View Post
                              niec work on the XJ bro!!! love those jeeps. i am about to start a correction on my 08 WK.. just got a 7424xp with some LC pads and meguair's products check out jeepgarage.org if you have time
                              haha, i got a xp too. sending it back to get a replacement. packaging was pretty bad and mine seems to bog down rather easily. my old 7336 drove harder than this xp. Hope the replacement works out better, if not, full refund and Flex is on the way.
                              Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');