• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First ever detail on my 02 RSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ever detail on my 02 RSX

I've been lurking around this site for quite some time and decided to pick me up the new Porter Cable 7424XP. Along with the Porter Cable I ordered M105, M205, and the 4 Pack of Kompressor foam pads by lake country. In the pack there was the purple cutting pad, a white polishing pad, a red finishing pad, and black finessing pad. Anyway lets see what I had to work with.

Now on to the polishing.

The right side is after one pass with M105 @ Speed 5 on the PC.

My working station. There was no room at all in my garage, every time I finished one side of the car I had to back it out and pull it in again so I could reach the other side.

The pic above was after two passes on the hood with M105. One pass was with the purple cutting pad, and the second pass was with the white polishing pad.

Reflections on hood after the two passes with M105 and one pass with M205.
    Pics below are after all three passes were completed.

Last few pics are after NXT 2.0 done by hand after a final wash to get the dust off.

Stars of the show!

Thanks for looking. All comments are appreciated.

Re: First ever detail on my 02 RSX

Looks good.
    I want a PC bad after seeing how much better the car looks after getting all the imperfections out of the paint.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Nice job!
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Really good work done getting those nasty scratches out.What were they? Dogs claws?

Comment

Great work. Looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
              Really good work done getting those nasty scratches out.What were they? Dogs claws?
              I bought the car from my cousin around 6 months ago. He has a dog so I wouldn't be suprised if they were lol. The cars paint was in such bad condition because it spent about 5 years on the streets of Newark NJ and in parking garages were people don't watch were there swinging their doors.

Comment

Nice!! How do you like the XP? I'm thinking of picking one up. Awesome results

Comment

Good job. Be cautious with those purple Kompressor pads, they are extremely coarse!
                  If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

looks awesome! i am jealous man, i bought my PC right as the XP was coming out but being a newb i had no idea i could have got the XP ....o well, in time i will get something better than the old PC.

Comment

What a improvement. Your car looks great.
                      Don't let your cousin see it, He will want to buy it back!.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                        What a improvement. Your car looks great.
                        Don't let your cousin see it, He will want to buy it back!.
                        Thanks! Im actually looking to start up detailing as a side job to make some cash on the side. I love making a cars paint come back to life.

Comment

any mods to the RSX yet? i used to have an 02 civic Si, which shares the same motor as your RSX. it responds surprisingly well to bolt ons!
                          2007 Flint Mica Scion tC

Comment

Has this panel behind the door ever been repaired? The orange peel is unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post

Has this panel behind the door ever been repaired? The orange peel is unbearable.
                              Yea there was a dent the size of a football in the rear quarter panel so the body shop repainted the whole panel. I like the fact that there is no dent but they did a horrible job.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');