• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2002 White BMW 540i - Really Nice People!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J. A. Michaels
    replied
    Re: 2002 White BMW 540i - Really Nice People!

Glad it worked out for you. Keep up the great work.

Sounds like the enthusiastic customer everyone wants.

Leave a comment:

• 10degreesbtdc
    replied

I spray the car liberally and wipe with MF turning to a fresh, clean side of the MF often, Must have used 25 MF yesterday. (dropped a few on the ground so had to reach for a clean one) Used 12 shop rags to clean those inner rims behind the spokes!

Bounty:White is one of the most difficult paint colors to create a high gloss finish on and you did a wonderful job and of course included your signature trait of going above and beyond for the customer...winning over a client for life yet again.

Good job and keep it up...
    Thanks Bounty!
    Last edited by 10degreesbtdc; Jun 18, 2009, 11:48 AM. Reason: forgot to thank Bounty

Leave a comment:

• ClearlyCoated
    replied

How do you apply IPA? Mist it on from a spray bottle, wipe it on with a sponge or MF towel?

Leave a comment:

• Bounty
    replied

White is one of the most difficult paint colors to create a high gloss finish on and you did a wonderful job and of course included your signature trait of going above and beyond for the customer...winning over a client for life yet again.

Good job and keep it up...

Leave a comment:

• 10degreesbtdc
    replied

IPA is short for Isopropyl Alcohol or rubbing alcohol. Mix it 50/50 with water. I use 91% I found at CVS pharmacy for wiping off any compound residue or wax that may be filling swirls and scratches you are trying to see for defect removal and to remove any previous waxes/sealant when you work on a car for the first time so you have a clean surface for your products.When I cut my fingers cleaning in the engine compartment I reach for my IPA.

Some buy it at 99%, but it looks expensive to me. A few bottles from CVS was around $10 I think.

Here's one post: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&highlight=ipa

Leave a comment:

• Zuke
    replied

Can that be harsh on the paint?

Leave a comment:

• ClearlyCoated
    replied

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
    Great work! May i ask, what does IPA mean?
    isopropyl alcohol. Some detailers wipe down a cars finish with IPA following a wash and sometimes after polishing to expose paint defects.

Leave a comment:

• Zuke
    replied

Great work! May i ask, what does IPA mean?

Leave a comment:

• 10degreesbtdc
    replied

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
    Your 27 step process blows the old 5 stepper out of the water! Congrats!
    Thanks CC! I know that members here do the same thing every day. Probably in a much more efficient manner than I did!

Leave a comment:

• ClearlyCoated
    replied

Your 27 step process blows the old 5 stepper out of the water! Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• 10degreesbtdc
    replied

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
    Great work. The BMW looks fantastic. The paint really pops.

In th e long run I am sure you will get more referrals from these people.That will more then offset the extra work you put into the BMW.

Once again great work, way to go.
    Thanks J.A.! As a matter of fact, the owner called me this morning to thank me again! She said her husband, whom she had this car done for as a Father's Day present, called her and said he just had to stop on his way to work and take some photos of it with the glow from the sunrise hitting it just right. She also told me, again numerous times that she has already told people and plans to tell a lot more. I went to bed last night with a smile on my face and woke up this morning with one. After her call there's no doubt I made the right decision to spend extra hours on that car. Now, "Their Car Shines".

My Car Shines Custom Detailing
    Clearwater, Florida

(ok, a shameless plug)

Have to say, I couldn't and wouldn't have done it without this forum's members influence.
    Last edited by 10degreesbtdc; Jun 18, 2009, 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• J. A. Michaels
    replied

Great work. The BMW looks fantastic. The paint really pops.

In th e long run I am sure you will get more referrals from these people.That will more then offset the extra work you put into the BMW.

Once again great work, way to go.

Leave a comment:

• 10degreesbtdc
    replied

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! I'm sure I've seen your work here too looking just as nice.

If not...start shining! It's good for what ails you.

Yes, CieraSL, I've watched the A Team. Used to be my brother's favorite show back in the day. I'm know I'm old, and you must be too to remember that show. Missa T...fool! (hee hee)

Regarding the BMW job, not only should I have gotten more before shots, but also weighed myself before and after. I was sweating from 7am until 6pm when I got in the truck to go home and blasted the a/c. I must have lost at least a few pounds. It was HOT yesterday!
    Last edited by 10degreesbtdc; Jun 18, 2009, 05:18 AM. Reason: sumpin' else

Leave a comment:

• Golden
    replied

Now that is what white is supposed to look like!

Leave a comment:

• MrCLRider
    replied

Your work looks great!! I bet the lady was more than happy with the results, probably even looked better than the day she purchased it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');