• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SL500 I worked on last week. Pics Inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL500 I worked on last week. Pics Inside.

I used #9 followed by #7 and topped it with MPPP. I was happy how this combo really made that silver come alive. What a great vehicle to work on!
    Username "FLAWLESS" on every other forum, but was taken already on here.
    Flawless Auto Detailing - "Expect Perfection"

that's one sweet car! and nice job on making that silver shine!

btw, what did you use on the tires?
    Reid

------------------------------------------------

2004 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1 - Do not view in sunny, cloudless conditions.

Comment

very clean great job!

Comment

Looks sharp. Are the rows in the floor mat from extractor or cleaning?? I like how they go the same direction. Real attention to detail.

Comment

WOW! awsome job, I'm not a big fan of silver, but that just jumps up and demands attention!

scub,
          good eye on the floor mats, I take care of a 44 acre sports complex and I wish my guys could get the outfields strips that perfect.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm not a fan of silver myself, but I sure was after working on this car!!!

On the tires I used 303 Aerospace protectant. One coat, let it dwell, buff with a terry, then another light coat and don't buff. Comes out great this way, very natural looking. Oh, and I pre-cleaned the tires with Eagle One Tire Cleaner.

U guys like the lines in the carpet? Haha, kinda been my little signature for years. People always made fun of me for doing the same thing in my home carpet with the vac since I was little.
            It shows up the best on thick, black interior, like this:

Comment

Originally posted by FLAWLESS-VW
              Thanks for the nice comments. I'm not a fan of silver myself, but I sure was after working on this car!!!

On the tires I used 303 Aerospace protectant. One coat, let it dwell, buff with a terry, then another light coat and don't buff. Comes out great this way, very natural looking. Oh, and I pre-cleaned the tires with Eagle One Tire Cleaner.

U guys like the lines in the carpet? Haha, kinda been my little signature for years. People always made fun of me for doing the same thing in my home carpet with the vac since I was little.
              It shows up the best on thick, black interior, like this:
              OK!! So how'd you do it?? Must be an extractor.. I use the shark tooth design in the house.

2000 -------->Thanks again!

Comment

Was the paint in BAD condition for you to use #9?
                Why not a hand polish instead of #7?
                How did #7 react to the new clear coat by PPG on the Benz?. NOT PICKING JUST TRYING TO LEARN MORE THANKS
                Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Originally posted by WHITE HONDA
                  Was the paint in BAD condition for you to use #9?
                  Why not a hand polish instead of #7?
                  How did #7 react to the new clear coat by PPG on the Benz?. NOT PICKING JUST TRYING TO LEARN MORE THANKS
                  The paint was in need of enough attention to warrant the use of #9.
                  I chose #7 because I've been using it for years and always get outstanding results with it. Most ppl complain it's too hard to wipe, but if you get the hang of it, it's nothing. I didn't notice much of a difference applying or removing any of the products with the new clearcoat system.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');