• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Aurora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Aurora

I cleaned up my dad's 4.0 today. I washed the car with Quick & Easy Wash, washed the wheels with Gold Class shampoo, and the tires with APC+ at 9:1. I used Meguiar's Dual-Action Cleaner/Polish by machine (porter-cable RO buffer) with a yellow polishing pad. There were a few spots the red cutting pad would have been better, but I didn't have it with me. The car felt very smooth, so I didn't use clay. I was going to #7 it but didn't have the time. So I put on #16 for protection. I really like #16, it's very durable and looks excellent. Plus it beads in such tiny beads.

On the tires I used Gold Class Rubber & Vinyl Protectant. This was stuff my parents still had. I gave mine away a while ago. It looks nice on tires, but is really goopy and ruins my tire swipes quickly. I just don't care to use it, though the look is good.

Anyway, here are the picts. They aren't that great, though. My camera's battery was dying, the light wasnt' the best, and on several of the two car shots, I dopily focused between the cars rather than locking the focus on one of them...

You can see a couple of chips in the hood here, but the stone chips for the most part aren't bad.

1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Nice shine Aurora...Too bad it was overcast...The car would have sparkled in the sunshine...but it looks good anyway.
    r. b.

Comment

hats off!
      looks good to me!
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Re: Another Aurora

Looks great

Originally posted by Aurora40
        [B]So I put on #16 for protection. I really like #16, it's very durable and looks excellent. Plus it beads in such tiny beads.
        I agree about #16, it's a shame it might be being discontinued.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');