• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Detail '02 2dr Cavalier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Detail '02 2dr Cavalier

Hey guys,

My first detail !

2002 Chevy Cavalier, 2DR - Black

What I used:

1st Simoniz wash
    2nd Meguiar's Clay (used distilled water as lube)
    3rd Scratch X on the entire card
    4th Turtle Wax - Color Cure (Black)
    5th NXT Tech Wax (Liquid) 1 Coat

Used a Simoniz buffer to remove the NXT. Will be applying my 2nd coat of wax tomorrow. It's not the best, but I guess not too bad for my first attempt

Pictures:

Before:

After:

You can see some dust particles on the reflections, those are actually dits that fall from my tree. They fell between the time I waxed and got out my camera

Your comments on how I could improve would be great Thanks!
    #21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
    Will ship internationally!
    Check the 'For Sale' section.
    Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

U USED TURTLE WAX!!! my friend used that color cure stuff... it *****... ok enough flaming turtle wax... well maybe not IT *****!!!

anyways ur car looks great.. got any in the sun shots?.. next time u should try some polish, it'll add even more.... glow to ur color... wow u really just used distilled water for clay lube?

Comment

benhui86,

I used distilled water... it makes the clay flow much nicer than regular water and quik detailer. I've tried using both and both of the times the results haven't been too great. I was fairly impressed with the combo I tried... I do however want to try a more aggressive clay... any ideas how that might work?

As for the Turle Wax product, I had it laying around (about 2 years old) so I thought I might as well try it. I can't say it *****, but it surely isn't much of a polish either. It did however remove some white scratches and tiny swirls... I am sure Megs has a far better product, but since I had this around, I thought I might as well.

My plan is to add #7 and another coat of NXT by tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for your comments
      #21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
      Will ship internationally!
      Check the 'For Sale' section.
      Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');