• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

06 XLR detailed. and it needed it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 XLR detailed. and it needed it.

alright, the owner of this car deserves some props. he realized that he was getting some cob webbing (haha understatement) on his XLR and decided to compound the car..... by hand, for the first time, and he ended up failing miserably

needless to say, he knew who to call....

i received this 39K mile beauty in horrid condition....

thats a shiny black car in the making... i told him i would try my best.
    this was after washing, claying a little bit on the front and rear bumpers. and sides. and detailing the interior (no pictures, it was relatively clean...)

one more view of the damage by his turtlewax compounding...

believe it or not this car IS BLACK.

he gave me 7 hours with the car because he needed to get it home before the rain scheduled for the evening... i had a friend help me out, and i used my garage at my regular job.... notice the meguiars products all over the shelves in the first picture?

process after wash/clay

#105 once with a dewalt rotary and a yellow pad
    #105 with a G110 on a megs/ red pad (i forget the number im terrible with that, colors do it for me)
    #205 G110 (yellow pad)
    #21 synthetic sealant 2.0 (blue refining pad)
    #26 high tech yellow (i like how it does not streak on black cars, so a light top coat was added with the G110 and a black finishing pad.
    APC On wheels, hyper dressing 1:1 on tires, and wheel wells, never dull on exhaust tips.

all of this work with the two of us and no pictures were taken along the way as with my usual work.... sorry ill do better.

AFTER, the stuff of legends.
    pulled it out to the afternoon sun and parked it next to my horribly neglected 2000 cavalier.

enjoy

hood after

finger got in the way....

TA-DA! back to its showroom glory.

front bumper had a few deep scratches which could not be removed... if i can become a little less scatter brained when i detail, i will have a better documentary of what happened on that blue cement floor.

enjoy!

Re: 06 XLR detailed. and it needed it.

Looks great! What did the owner think?
    -James
    2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Great result. Nothing worse than grey.

Probably looks better now,than when it was in the showroom.

Comment

nice! looks brand new!
        Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
        Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
        00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Nice recovery

Comment

thanks guys, the owner was floored.... he promised to throw away the turtle wax and call me with anything he ever needed.... looks like a satisfied customer to me. there was one issue i never could take care of, the rear bumper had some bird poop etchings which were stubborn to the point wet sanding did not take care of them... other than that, showroom perfect

Comment

Looks the way it should. Fantastic. There is no doubt the owner was floored with the results. great work. Glad you picked up a new satisfied customer.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');