• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand new 09 Civic SI paint swirls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new 09 Civic SI paint swirls!

So my wife, God love her, took MY new 09 Civic SI through a Church car wash. These folks were quite zealous in their work. The car didn't have a speck of dirt on it after they were done and the tires were so clean and shiny you would have been jealous!

But that's where the kudo's end. Being a massive operation of hand washing cars in a line, my new car was subjected to the typical dirt infested cleaning mitt's they were using. My wife also opted for the "quick wax" line they had. They had 10 people on the quick wax line. Five would apply the wax with their little round applicators and the other five would remove it with towels.

I now have swirls all over my new baby. And they are pretty bad. They aren't very deep thankfully, but these guys waxed this car with small, circular motions that were completely appropriate for waxing. They took their job pretty seriously evidently, however, their ignorance on how to keep from making swirl marks is evident in my paint.

Now I'll admit, I was PISSED when I first saw it, but the reality is, my wife was trying to save me the trouble of doing it myself. Her intentions while ignorant, were very nice and well meant.

Having said that, this is the thread I will use to show the before and after pictures. Today at some point, I will take pictures of the swirls and post them here. I need some sunlight first though! I bought some SwirlX and I already have Meguair's three step products. I also have NXT 2.0. I do not have a DA polisher, not yet anyway, so I will be doing all of this by hand at some point over the next few days.

I've never had to use SwirlX before, so this is my first time. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do to fix my clear coat! Wish me luck!

Re: Brand new 09 Civic SI paint swirls!

Yeah, I would use the SwirlX, hopefully that works, otherwise Ultimate Compound......
    You should be fine doing it by hand.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Honda paint is usually fairly soft as a rule, so you shouldn't have too much trouble correcting it by hand. What color is your car?
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Good Luck. It sounds like you have a good plan of attack.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

heh my wife is as afraid of getting near one of those places as I am.

Rule: If they are hot scantily dressed young females, go borrow a buddy's beater and have fun... if it's a church group you feel like supporting,. just drive up and make a donation, then LEAVE!
          2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

I agree with Hellspawn. I've seen kids out trying to fund raise with a carwash and I'll stop, give 'em $10 and drive away. It's cheaper for me in the long run

Comment

Waiting on pics! My GF knows places and products/procedures to avoid. I trained her well Also, she is a great assistant to detailing....just give her a clay bar kit and she is good to go.

Hope you can save the paint.
              -James
              2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');