• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rasky's Auto Detailing: '66 Corvette 427/425hp wet sand and buff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rasky's Auto Detailing: '66 Corvette 427/425hp wet sand and buff

Wow Rasky, very nice work bro!

Comment

You're the man!
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

You, sir, are the master Phenomenal work!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Awesome job on the paint. You really did take it to the next level.
            Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
            www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
            Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I was pretty pumped when the owner said I could drive it to a local park for some pics! Man that car sounds mean!!!
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Was that basecoat/clearcoat paint or something else?

There are lots of sharp edges on a mid year corvette like that. You really need to be careful not to sand or buff throught the paint. You obviously handled that very well.

Great save on a beautiful car!
                -Bob
                NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Great Job Rasky! My boss got on me about surfing the net till he saw this Vett, You saved me!

Keep up the inspiring work!
                  "Every moment frontin and maxin
                  Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                    Was that basecoat/clearcoat paint or something else?

There are lots of sharp edges on a mid year corvette like that. You really need to be careful not to sand or buff throught the paint. You obviously handled that very well.

Great save on a beautiful car!

Thank you!

Yes the car was BB/CC and was done about 3.5 years ago. The painter applied 3 coats of clear using a HVLP style gun, and the car had not been buffed since it was initially done by the painter. The owner and I were both confident there was more than enough clear on the car.

On top of knowing the history of the paint, I also taped off all edges and sharp bends about 1/4 of an inch back while sanding to eliminate the chance of sandng or buffing through. I removed the tape for the last 2 buffing steps though.

Rasky
                    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

The paint is absolutely gorgeous on that car! Sharp work as usual!

Those wheels...should have never been put on that car though, IMO. lol

Comment

What a great car to work on! I'm envious. Looks fantastic as always Rasky!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Rasky, that was just an awesome detail on an American classic. Congrats and thanks for sharing pics.

Comment

Thanks again guys!

The owner has asked me if I would want to drive the '68 Vette and follow him down the the "Back to the 50's" car show in June.....hmmm, let me think?
                            Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
                              Thanks again guys!

The owner has asked me if I would want to drive the '68 Vette and follow him down the the "Back to the 50's" car show in June.....hmmm, let me think?
                              You lucky man!!! Need a passenger

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                                You lucky man!!! Need a passenger
                                LOL....let me re-phrase that. He asked if I would like to take my fiancee along and follow him and his g/f with the '68.

I'll be sure to bring my camera and get some pics. Back to the 50's has around 10,000 cars!!!
                                Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');