• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a jeep thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's a jeep thing

Update
    A quick trip to the frame bench for a Tug, We get them as close to mfg spec prior to dissection.

just need to tug the kinks out

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
      Estimator / MGR Full time 5am - 5pm than nights and weekends my garage
      I work for an insurance company, and i am currently working in claims, but have got a lot of intrest in becoming an estimator.
      "Every moment frontin and maxin
      Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
      "

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
        I work for an insurance company, and i am currently working in claims, but have got a lot of intrest in becoming an estimator.
        Each state is a little different, In pa you need min 3 years body shop exp or technical school and then you must pass a test 85 % or higher on collision damage and Insurance law.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mustang View Post
          since your inbox is full...

little off from what you're doing, but the passenger side mirror on my car is screwy. What I mean is, these are the mirrors that rotate in case you hit something, the other day, while washing my car, I noticed the mirror just freely moves, there's no pressure on it to keep it centered. Luckily it stays while driving, but it feels like an interior spring might be broken, although I have no clue how they work. Got any idea?
          When they get to that point there done internal plastic parts and worn out or broken. 3 options 1. new oem, 2 recycled, 3 new a/m after market, What you have is a folder but mirrors can be very complex poss options 1. folding,2 pwr folding,3 heated , 4 power, 5 with puddle, 6 with memory, 7 textured, 8 paint to match 9. with signal, tahoes and suburbans. having all the info will help when calling around.

Comment

Thursday update
            Back off the bench and havr started to cut away the orig. frt section

Comment

Sorry Guys the jeep had to sit today no progress.

Comment

What's the story on what happened to the Jeep? Head on collision?

Comment

Originally posted by hoghead00 View Post
                  What's the story on what happened to the Jeep? Head on collision?
                  The owner dosed off and hit a BIG sign post made out of steel I beam. owner ok.

Comment

This jeep is no where even ready to think meguires (isn't this a detailing forum)?! I don't doubt the magic of meguires, but it's not helping that jeep! secondly, why all this work, not just replace it?! Is it a rare edition, or possess sentimental value? Maybe owned by someone famous?! Those Jeeps are pretty affordable.. Plus, won't it never be as strong once it's been all cut up and re welded?!

Comment

Originally posted by msuperbauer View Post
                      This jeep is no where even ready to think meguires (isn't this a detailing forum)?! I don't doubt the magic of meguires, but it's not helping that jeep! secondly, why all this work, not just replace it?! Is it a rare edition, or possess sentimental value? Maybe owned by someone famous?! Those Jeeps are pretty affordable.. Plus, won't it never be as strong once it's been all cut up and re welded?!
                      A. This Vehicle is well within the limits of being cost effective to repair and the owners Insurance company has Inspected the damage and totally agrees with my Estimate and Blue print of the Repairs.
                      B. All areas being sectioned are being done on factory seems and using approved welding technique by ICAR who's standards are approved by the mfg.
                      C.I would never put a vehicle back on the road I would not trust my own family's safety in.
                      D. Because of my job and experience I have had several members ask me questions on painting there vehicles and what goes under the paint and why, so I am just sharing my experience with them.

Comment

Going back together

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
                          A. This Vehicle is well within the limits of being cost effective to repair and the owners Insurance company has Inspected the damage and totally agrees with my Estimate and Blue print of the Repairs.
                          B. All areas being sectioned are being done on factory seems and using approved welding technique by ICAR who's standards are approved by the mfg.
                          C.I would never put a vehicle back on the road I would not trust my own family's safety in.
                          D. Because of my job and experience I have had several members ask me questions on painting there vehicles and what goes under the paint and why, so I am just sharing my experience with them.
                          O.K. Good points! BUT, this would be better off in a auto body forum, VICE an auto detailing forum.. I expect to see PAINT in horrible condition, maybe 2 year old fries in interiors, NOT a totaled vehicle undergoing bosy work.. Like I origionaly said, Meguiars cant do anything for this thing..

Comment

I see this jeep is yet another victim of the ludicrous front brake dust!
                            2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Any updated pics?

Comment

Originally posted by hoghead00 View Post
                                Any updated pics?
                                Yes, just went through final assm. needs 4 wheel alignment,detail and final QC

I will get some under hood shots tomorrow. The paint came out great!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');