• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC + Hyperdressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC + Hyperdressing

So I finished a detail on Saturday morning that I had began on Thursday afternoon. It was quite a task: a 1998 Ford Excursion. I did the following process: Tires with Westley's Bleche Wite, Wash with GC, Clay with Smooth Surface kit, ColorX, UQW, APC/QID on interior, vacuum, 3M Glass Cleaner on windows, APC on rims, APC + Hyperdressing on wheel wells and running-boards, Hyperdressing on trim.

My customer (and I) were amazed with the result. Because my customer is also by boss it was funny to hear a co-worker raving about how his truck "looks like new, looks better than new!!". I even taped the hood down the middle so he could see the difference the ColorX+UQW made for the oxidation and water repelling qualities.

I cannot explain how much I love APC followed by Hyperdressing. They are easily two of the most versatile products I have ever used. Anything that is severely soiled and cannot be solved with QID can easily be fixed with a healthy dose of APC. At ~6:1 dilution it even took care of oil and tar stains on after market rubber mats. I will absolutely be buying more of both products when I run out the gallons I already have, which may be sooner than later.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Re: APC + Hyperdressing

Agree. APC and Hyperdressing are two excellent products. It's my favorite combo for wheel arches.

Comment

Please, new rule: "Mention the full name of the product at least once before using the acronym"......

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
        Please, new rule: "Mention the full name of the product at least once before using the acronym"......
        Here's a good thread for you: Meguiar's Online Acronyms
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

When your right, your right. Both are very good products. Use them all the time.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post
            I didn't think there was hardly anyone who doesn't know what APC stands for. If you haven't stumbled across this acronym yet, I don't know what forum you've been reading.
            Calais Auto Detailing
            CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

It tis great stuff. I usually carry three different dilutions. 10:1, 4:1 and one in between. When using a foaming sprayer the 4:1 has been able to tackle almost every brake dust covered rim i've thrown at it.

And HD..... well it's HD. Nuff said.
              Alex C.

Comment

Originally posted by Calais View Post
                I didn't think there was hardly anyone who doesn't know what APC stands for. If you haven't stumbled across this acronym yet, I don't know what forum you've been reading.
                There has to be a first time for everyone, right? I wasn't born with the innate knowledge of what "APC" stood for.

Cut the guy a little slack next time, please.

Remember the "friendly" in "family friendly" forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                  There has to be a first time for everyone, right? I wasn't born with the innate knowledge of what "APC" stood for.

Just a pet peeve I have with forums, far too many acronyms and the assumption everyone has been here since day 1.

Carry on.....

Comment

Calais, If you like the Hyper Dressing you will LOVE the All Season Dressing, it is very durable in the harsh elements IMO, and rain doesn't phase it.
                    "Every moment frontin and maxin
                    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post

I didn't mean to sound nasty; if I did I am sorry. I wrongly assumed that APC was such a commonly acronym that everyone here at MOL would have encountered it...

Hacker: I understand your pet peeve, I hate when people use acronyms or abbreviations in normal speech. Chicken parm. or photo-op are just two phrases that really bother me. I share this pet peeve. In writing it makes sense, in speech it doesn't; the amount of of time you spend not saying the end of the word parmigiana is not substantial enough to warrant verbal abbreviation.
                      Calais Auto Detailing
                      CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Calais, get a foaming sprayer and use APC 4:1 on tires. It work AMAZINGLY well! Foaming sprayers with APC are great because it lets the product dwell and break down the grime!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');