• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The old standbys, #7 and #26 paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old standbys, #7 and #26 paste

I prepped for Sunday's foliage drive today, and I decided to go with my long time favorites, #7 and #26.

I'm not planning on giving away my NXT, or any of my other stuff, but THIS is the look that really cooks for me, this is the one that makes my single stage red just GLOW. It's like looking at burning embers.

It's a little bit more work; #7 rewards patience and a slow, methodical technique, and #26 paste, lets face it, hardens up pretty good and takes a bit of elbow grease to remove it thoroughly.

This isn't today's work, but this is what the car looks like now (no batteries for the camera); #7 and #26:

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Yeah I've seen this pictures before and everytime I see it I'm floored! The paint looks deep and wet. What else can a person ask for?

Products come and products go, but #7 followed by #26 is an awesome combination.

Do you have a lot of people ask you how you get your paint to look like this?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'd parked outside a restaurant the day of that picture, and a Grand Marquis with out of state plates pulled up next to me (the restaurant was right off the interstate). Two older women got out, and one of them saw my car and stood there and stared at it for several seconds. Then she looked at me and said, "Now THAT is really beautiful." And they went inside.

That's the compliment I'll always remember. I'd bet she was really something, in her day.

I'll get a pic tomorrow.

Tom
      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

It's raining today, so here are a couple from inside the garage... not the best lighting, but you can see the wetness and the gloss and reflection off the trunk.

Last edited by Mosca; Oct 2, 2004, 11:03 AM.

Comment

It really looks wet.... very nice gloss you have on that car..

Comment

Very hot - looks like it's about to burst into flames!

Your wheels: SSR Comps?
            My Car!

Comment

Yep; SSR Comps in 15x6.5. They're a little bit lighter than the 7s, and the Miata handles a little bit better on the 195s rather than the 205s, IMO.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');