• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The perfect order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perfect order?

Can someone help a new guy with the correct order of products? I was at the store today and got so confused with all the Meguires lines of product. Step 1, step 2 and so on.....I have NXT bottle at home (never used), #7 and also #26. Can I use this products in that order, do they need to be layered (ie: NXT, #7, NXT, #26). Also, how much time do I wait between layers or products?

Thanks for your help.

Re: The perfect order?

Originally posted by TBone68
    Can someone help a new guy with the correct order of products? I was at the store today and got so confused with all the Meguires lines of product. Step 1, step 2 and so on.....I have NXT bottle at home (never used), #7 and also #26. Can I use this products in that order, do they need to be layered (ie: NXT, #7, NXT, #26). Also, how much time do I wait between layers or products?

Thanks for your help.
    #7 is a polish that goes on before the wax. Order: #7, NXT, NXT, #26 if desired. #7 is a wipe on wipe of method. Apply NXT immediatly after, let dry for 10-20 minutes, perform "swipe test" to see if its ready to remove. With NXT its best to let it sit for as long as 12 hrs before re-applying. That is to let the polymers set up. Its ok though if you re-apply immediatly or wait a few hours, either way you will still have great protection. I dont put anything on top of NXT but many people do. I would wait a little while before putting anything over it though.
    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Just to add on, all of Meguiars products work well together, so you dont have to worry about compatibility problems between different lines. In fact, some of the best results you will see are from people who mixed and matched product lines to suit their needs, and the looks they wanted.

In general, these are the steps you will follow:

Wash
      Clay
      Clean
      Polish
      Wax

Claying may only be done once or twice a year, the others more often as needed. However, as you pick out products, you will want to have ones that covers all the steps. You mention seeing step 1 and 2 in the store. That sounds like the Deep Crystal System bottles. Step 1 is a mild cleaner, Step 2 is a polish, and 3 is a wax. You can easily get the DC#1, use your #7, and then Nxt and #26 as was mentioned.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');