• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT hi tech wax liquid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT hi tech wax liquid

I just washed my black BMW with meguiars hi tech wash then used the wax, Noticed on the hood as I was wiping it off smearing and little specs of wax i guess that did not disolve or work in. Really blew my mind then used a microcloth, it seemed to help but some smears remained. Put it in the garage and will re cloth it. Why is this happening, Can Meguiars give us an answer and how to prevent it? Otherwisw its great stuff

specs

You mean you used the liquid tech wax then used the paste? the specs you're talking about did they look like dust? If so, this is normal with just about every wax out there, you always get some "dust" or specs. Or do you mean there is some left over on the paint?
    Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

Re: NXT hi tech wax liquid

MDJ

Originally posted by MDJ
      I Noticed on the hood as I was wiping it off smearing and little specs of wax i guess that did not dissolve or work in. Really blew my mind then used a microcloth, it seemed to help but some smears remained. Put it in the garage and will re cloth it. Why is this happening, Can Meguiar's give us an answer and how to prevent it? Otherwise its great stuff
      I would like to ask a few questions also, If I may?

1, Were these spots only on the hood?

2, Did you clay?
      "claying is just as important as polishing and protecting. (imho)when called for."

3, Are there any "sugar maples trees" around you? or other trees that might be delivering some sort of pollen threw
      the wind/breeze?
      "with out seeing what you are up against, to me it sounds like tree sap or pollen."

4, Are these spots hard or soft dust-like "yndio" has suggested?

5, Was the microcloth you were using clean? with that BMW you might go through 3, 4, maybe even 5 cloths to wipe off, depending on how thick you applied the wax.
      "A clogged micro fiber or cloth will exhibit smearing also. Depending on the product I apply it as if it were the last can/bottle on earth"

just trying to help.
      Rich
      If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
      DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Sounds like your car has "bonded surface contaminants"----specks! Get the Quick Clay detailing kit. It will leave your paint smooth as glass. Then use the NXT Tech wax again.
        Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Yes it seemed worse on the hood. And yes the spots were from the wax, as if they were from a maple tree , but it was from the wax. Maybe it did not dry enough. Was a brand new Micro cloth. Seems okay now. May have to try QD next time before waxing it. Spots are gooey like, they came from the wax and appear as I am wiping the wax of. Have to use major muscle to get them off or to blend in.
          Last edited by MDJ; Jun 4, 2005, 02:29 AM.

Comment

MJD

I know up here in the North East we have trees that drop a sappy due that is almost impossible to see head-on but if viewed from an angle will look like tiny little pin heads. I experience the same thing you do and it's a PIA to get them off, most times I take an applicator with what ever product I'm using and reapply over the spot and rub them out.

As for this being caused from the wax I can not say...the wax just might be the medium that will make the bonded contaminants appear to the naked eye and more pronounced. I never had NXT, #20, or #21 do this to me.

Sorry if this don't help and I know how frustrating it is putting so many hours in to your work to end-up with even more hurdles to over come.
            Rich
            If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
            DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');