• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Glass Cleaner vs Stoners Invisible Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Glass Cleaner vs Stoners Invisible Glass

I have been seeing many positive comments about NXT Glass Cleaner on this site as well as Autopia. I have been using Stoners IG for a couple years now and am happy with the results but really wanted to try the NXT and compare it to Stoners. So while I was over the border a couple days ago I stopped in K Mart and bought a bottle for $5.99.

To me Stoners has been the bench mark for glass cleaners. Powerful cleaning ability, I never get streaks, leaves the glass perfectly clear. I could never find a glass cleaner that came close. The only negative is the over powering smell. This smell is brutal. I figured NXT had it's work cut out for it in a head to head comparison with Stoners.

So I pull out my Stoners can and my NXT bottle and go to work. The first thing I noticed about NXT is the very pleasant smell. No contest in that department. I spray it on my towel and start cleaning the window. It's cleaning power is equal to Stoners and that is very good. Untill now there was no product IMO even close to Stoners. No streaks at all. Agian this is something I was only able to accomplish with Stoners untill now. So up to this point they are equal in cleaning power, streak free results, and ease of use. NXT is miles ahead in smell. One is foam one is liquid. Not an issue with me because I don't spray it on the glass, I spray the towel. IMO NXT is at least as good as Stoners, it's a great product. Well done Megs.

Now the negatives. If you are an American living in the states the price difference between Stoners and NXT is not really an issue. In Canada it's a different story. NXT Glass Cleaner costs $13.00 dollars here a bottle. That is just plain old highway robbery by Megs Canada. I can get a bottle of Stoners for like $5.00 or $6.00 here. No way Megs Canada can justify that. Thats a 100% price difference between Canada and the U.S. Whats interesting about the price differences for Megs products in Canada is how it varies from product to product. For example, Megs NXT Metal Polish can be bought here for $6.00. Thats almost the same price as in the U.S. give or take a dollar. Megs Canada sells the Porter Cable Polisher for about $400.00. This is absolutely rediculous.

Bottom line. NXT is an amazing Glass Cleaner and I highly recommend it as long as you don't purchase it in Canada. It's better than Stoners but not twice the price better. Personaly I will stock up on NXT Glass Cleaner when ever I make my trips over the border.
    Last edited by SteveT; May 23, 2005, 02:40 AM.

The price difference does not justify buying the nxt glass cleaner, the price they want for all megs stuff in canada is just insane. Good stuff but for the price there is much better stuff on the shelf
    Tempo Power

Comment

Originally posted by Kool_zx3
      The price difference does not justify buying the nxt glass cleaner, the price they want for all megs stuff in canada is just insane. Good stuff but for the price there is much better stuff on the shelf
      Hey,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

What glass cleaning products have you tried? Have you tried the NXT Glass Cleaner?

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

My buddy had some nxt, it works very well but when he told me the price i almost spit out my beer No dissing the stuff it works well but for the price i think i might stick to my stoner's

I have tried the armor all glass cleaner,eagle one,stoners,nxt,simoniz,and a few others i believe. Stoners is #1 in my book and nxt second but it's just to expensive.

NXT wax kicks some booty, i was using TW platinum series till i picked this up, nxt is better but the new TW is very damn impressive. I got products from just about every company My big rubbermaid got everything from armor all to turtle wax and everything in between
        Tempo Power

Comment

Thanks for your comments.

Here is a thread that may interest you as it directly compares NXT Glass Cleaner to Stoner's IG.

Tim

Comment

Always happy to chime in, i felt kinda bad saying i used something else besides a megs product on a megs board

I love megs stuff though, nothing beats the plastx polish. Hands down the best for the old ford headlights

I also tried the natural shine protectant, gold class interior wipes and a few other products, all worked superb. My dad was very impressed with the gold class protectant wipes, he loved them

For what i don't use from megs that i have from other companies my brother makes up for it, everything he used on his car is all megs and the shop he get's his stuff done also uses all megs stuff and won't have it any other way
            Tempo Power

Comment

Originally posted by Kool_zx3
              Funny thing about the price differences for Megs products in Canada. It seems the mark up in Canada is not consistant from product to product. Many Megs products are reasonably priced relative to the U.S. price and some are just jacked right up for no apparent reason. For example, NXT Metal Polish. At $6.00 CDN it is very close to the $5.00 USD it cost in the U.S. The NXT Glass Cleaner is twice the price. NXT Wax also costs twice the price in Canada, it goes for $30. I understand about the currency difference, taxes, duties, etc, but wouldn't that be consistant for all Megs Products? It seems Megs Canada picks and chooses what products they will insanely mark up. There is no reason to have such huge markups on the Canadian products. I would like to see Megs U.S.A. step in and do something about it.

Also I can say that no other brand has such a huge price differnece between their Canadian sold products and U.S products. I do a lot of shopping in the states and use products from many different manufacturers and Megs Canada has the biggest mark ups . Often times it's not worth it for me to buy a lot of these products from other manufacturers in the U.S. because once I work in the currency exchange it costs the same or more than at home in Canada. Not so with Megs, it's almost always cheaper to buy in the U.S. than it is in Canada even when you factor the currency exchange. I never buy my 3M, Mothers, 303, Stoners, and some others in the U.S. because they are priced so closely to the Canadian prices it's not worth it. I can buy 303 Aerospace Protectant here for $12.99, it costs $11.00 in the U.S. 3M Perfect It III Machine Glaze costs me $35.00 here and costs $33.00 in the U.S. There are many more examples of this, too numerous to mention.I think it's time for Megs U.S. to step in a put a stop to the Canadian rip offs. I will continue to thumb my nose at Megs Canada and buy my Megs products in the U.S. untill something is done about it. I want to make it perfectly clear that this is not a shot a Megs U.S. or your products. I use many of Megs products and am happy with them. I if didn't enjoy using Megs Products I wouldn't care about Megs Canada's unreasonable pricing.

Twohotford what happened to your original post in this thread? You included a pic of all your glass cleaners. Did you delete it or did it get lost in the recent outage?
              Last edited by SteveT; May 23, 2005, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I picked up some Stoners Invisible Glass when I was in Florida earlier in the year (you cant get it here in the UK) and have been really impressed. Until I got myself some NXT Glass Cleaner, appears to be a lot slicker than the Stoners IG and performs better IMO when the weather is cooler.

One downside, if you think Canada is expensive this is what I paid for my bottle of NXT last week.

£7.99 or $18.40 CAD or $14.609 USD

Now that is expensive!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob66
                  I picked up some Stoners Invisible Glass when I was in Florida earlier in the year (you cant get it here in the UK) and have been really impressed. Until I got myself some NXT Glass Cleaner, appears to be a lot slicker than the Stoners IG and performs better IMO when the weather is cooler.
                  Yes NXT Glass Cleaner is very good. I have used it several times since my intial review and am liking it more every time I use it. The towel seems to glide across the glass much easier with NXT than Stoners. Also working on the interior glass is a much more pleasant experience with the NXT. The smell from Stoners is enough to knock you out.

Comment

Originally posted by stevet
                    Yes NXT Glass Cleaner is very good. I have used it several times since my initial review and am liking it more every time I use it. The towel seems to glide across the glass much easier with NXT than Stoner's. Also working on the interior glass is a much more pleasant experience with the NXT. The smell from Stoner's is enough to knock you out.
                    Hi Steve,

Thank you for your honest test and review of our new NXT Glass Cleaner, it truly is a top shelf product. One thing to watch for in the future of all glass cleaners is the performance of the V.O.C. compliant versions. The performance of a glass cleaner is highly affected by the amount and quality of the V.O.C. ingredients used to make the product, as you bring the formula into compliance with the new EPA regulation, the trend would be for the performance to fall off.

Orange County, California has the toughest V.O.C. regulations in the U.S., (my understanding), and all Meguiar's products comply with these tough V.O.C. regulations.

Some manufactured and stock-piled products before January 1st, 2005 to keep the pipelines full till they can reformulate V.O.C. products that both comply with the new regulations and also retain the performance, (or at least most of the performance of the old formula), of the old formula. We think you'll see a performance fall off as the old formulas are sold and used up and the new formula make their way out into the market.

Just something to think about.

As far as pricing goes in other countries, I can pass the link to this thread on to management, and it's important feedback from you and our other online members, but these are issues that are out of my sphere of control.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Twohotford what happened to your original post in this thread? You included a pic of all your glass cleaners. Did you delete it or did it get lost in the recent outage?
                      Hey Stevet,

I removed my picture as it was your thread and I did not want to hijack the thread with my photo. If you want, I can put it back up?

As for the 3M pricing, though I obviously use 95% Meguiar's products, I do have 3M: 05937 PI-III MG, 05928 FI-II, 05933 PI-III RC. Now, my dealer sells to me at below "jobber cost" as I have purchased a LOT of Meguiar's and other products over the years. The retail for PI-III MG is $78.56, my cost $34.00; PI-III RC $62.17 my cost $27.00; and FI-II $74.07 my cost $32.00. So most people have to buy at the full retail prices, and not my cost. Therefore it apppears that the Canadian market consumer gets hit hard on most detailing products.

Tim

Comment

It's good to see though that you guys do care about the customers and will actually pass it on to management, i think it is a huge reason why alot of my friend's and family will not buy nxt is b/c of the high prices on the products. If they were priced more competive i think id be buying moe nxt products along with my friend's who are trying to get into the detailign scene but just can't justify the extra 10 bucks or more on alot of the products. It's very discouraging seeing how much of a markup the canadian office is putting on products, the wax price at 29.9 is just to out there where let's say TWPUG is 13.99 and eagle one nano is 15.99. The price of nxt is no where near that and i think that's why everytime i go to canadian tire the nxt has not moved at all. I got mine for 21 bucks online, it was the only way id buy it.

Thanks a million though for taking the time to address these problems and passing it on up the ladder
                        Tempo Power

Comment

Just carried out a very 'non-scientific' test on my Celica Windshield, half with Stoners and half with NXT.

The car had just been washed and there were some water marks on the glass, where the soap had dried before i got to it.
                          Stoners worked well removed most of the water marks, but the NXT removed all the water marks applied and removed with MF(seems to desolve them completely).

Yep, it may be a bit pricey (compared to the US) but you dont need to use a lot and its certainly worth the money.

Compared to other similar products on sale here in the UK, the price is pretty similar.

Thanks for your interest Mike.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                            Hey Stevet,

I removed my picture as it was your thread and I did not want to hijack the thread with my photo. If you want, I can put it back up?

As for the 3M pricing, though I obviously use 95% Meguiar's products, I do have 3M: 05937 PI-III MG, 05928 FI-II, 05933 PI-III RC. Now, my dealer sells to me at below "jobber cost" as I have purchased a LOT of Meguiar's and other products over the years. The retail for PI-III MG is $78.56, my cost $34.00; PI-III RC $62.17 my cost $27.00; and FI-II $74.07 my cost $32.00. So most people have to buy at the full retail prices, and not my cost. Therefore it apppears that the Canadian market consumer gets hit hard on most detailing products.

Tim
                            Tim go ahead and put the pic of your glass cleaners back up. I found it interesting to see all the cleaners you have to compare to NXT.

Those "my cost" prices you have listed are what I pay and I just walk in to the store and purchase it. I don't get a special price. I have never seen any those 3M products sold for the list price you have there and I have 4 stores in my area that sell them.

Comment

Tim go ahead and put the pic of your glass cleaners back up. I found it interesting to see all the cleaners you have to compare to NXT.

Those "my cost" prices you have listed are what I pay and I just walk in to the store and purchase it. I don't get a special price. I have never seen any those 3M products sold for the list price you have there and I have 4 stores in my area that sell them.
                              Hey,

Are the 3M products you are buying the 32oz size and not the smaller 16oz? The prices I quoted are right from my receipts. Too weird!

As for the pic, OK...here it is again...

Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');