• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new "stuff" is great!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new "stuff" is great!!!

A Sunday morning detail using a bunch of Meguiar's new "stuff".

Ok, let’s start with the truck. It’s a 2003 big black Dodge Hemi. It is very well maintained although I have to drive it on ten miles of gravel road daily. It’s kept in a garage at night. In my area of Nebraska there is very little industrial /urban pollution. I actually live 25miles from town. It was last waxed with NXT Tech Wax seven weeks ago. The paint surface was in very good shape before I started this morning’s detail.

I received a bunch of Meguiar’s products and accessories to test and review. Must have been because I’m an old guy who has been using Meguiar’s products since 1970. Heck, I even used #16 when it was just a wax rather than a carnauba topper. Although I have been messing with polishing vehicles in a rather obsessive manner all of my life, my condition has worsened since I started hanging out on these detailing forums. Rather than messing with new ways to use the products and accessories that I was sent, I used them just as the directions on the packages indicated. All of the products had very clear directions. A beginner should have no trouble at all following them.

The products and accessories used in this morning’s detail:

Versa Angle Wheel Face Brush – short handle
    Versa Angle Tire Brush
    Ultra Plush Wash Mop
    Versa Angle Body Brush
    Versa Angle Wide Body Brush
    Slide Lock Detail Brush
    Triple Duty Detail Brush
    Duo-Fiber Glass Super Towel
    Water Magnet Drying Towel
    Ultra Plush Super Terry Towels
    All Wheel Cleaner
    NXT Tire Cleaner
    NXT Shampoo
    NXT Glass Cleaner
    NXT Paste Wax
    Exterior Trim Detailer
    Quick Interior Detailer

This morning’s detail took 4 1/2 hours. Because the finish of the truck was in very good condition, it was not necessary to use a polish or a cleaner before applying the NXT Paste Wax. Rather than reviewing each accessory or product in this thread, I’ll add my “two cents� to other reviews. However, I must say right here that the Versa Angle Brushes are awesome!!!

My review in two sentences – “Meguiar’s has done good. My truck has never looked better.�

Tom

The Versa Angle brushes are very high quality. I haven't tried the Wide Angle one yet but I'm thinking it will work great! I decide to use the Ultra Plush Wash Mop first and it was great! I holds a lot more water because my wash bucket water level dropped a lot more quickly than it did with my Viking mop.

How did you like the wheel brushes? The Spoke Wheel Brush was a nice surprise for me. If you have spoked wheels, you need one of these brushes, along with the Wheel Face Brush.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

The wheel spoke brush is my favorite brush of them all. It makes short work of cleaning the multi spoke wheels on my wife's car.
      Quadruple Honda Owner
      Black cars are easy!

Comment

I didn't use the Spoke Wheel Brush. The stock twenty-inch polished aluminium wheels on my Hemi didn't need it. The Full Face Wheel Brush worked great. It is very soft and it reached all the surfaces of the wheels.

I used it with the All Wheel Cleaner. The crud came right off. I get almost no dust from my brakes on the surface of my wheel so that is not a problem. But there is caked on dirt and road grime after driving in mud and rain.

Meguiar's also has a long handled Full Face Wheel Brush. I may try it, but if I do so I think that I'll find that it is too long to get much leverage. What the heck, you need to bend over to see what you are doing anyway.

I'm not sure what the Wheel Cleaner does to the wax that is on the wheels. If it takes off brake dust it must have some effect on the wax too.

Tom

Comment

I would say that the wheel cleaner removes the wax. So I would not use the wheel cleaner every car wash unless you really like waxing your wheels.

RamAirV1
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

RamAirV1,

That's what I thought.

Tom

Comment

When I saw Tim's pictures of the Toyota wheels after an application of the wheel brightener from the Detailer line, I thought maybe I should just use that and not wax the wheels. The wheels were squeaky clean and looked great!

RamAirV1
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');