• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch X

Well I did it, and Scratch X has help save the day.

This is what happens when you back up and don't see the BRIGHT red Corvette sitting just off to the side.

Here's a close up of the paint left on my fender, What is circled is not a scratch, but a fracture in the fiberglass under the paint. It hasn't broken through yet, but it will eventually.

After 4 tries with Scratch X, I was able to completely remove the red paint, and with no apparent marking to the clear coat.
    All that I needed to do was treat with a little polish, and a coat of #26 to bring back the shine.

Thank You Meguiar's
    You have the greatest lifesavers

Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
    08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
    98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
    82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Nice job Desertdawg!

I had a similiar problem a few days ago. A car I detailed had a large white streak of paint of in from rubbing the garage door. I was able to completely remove it with ScratchX then polished and waxed and it looks good as new!

Chris
    Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Hope you left a note on the red vette. Someone backed into my blue vette and then left the scene. Fortunately, a security camera captured the moment along with the licence plate of the truck. Had the driver left a note, he would have been in alot less trouble with the police.

Comment

Wow!!! Great job desertdawg!!! That's a great improvement considering it was applied by hand. It just looks like new... Probably even better... You can just look at how reflective the paint is.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Ruler...
          I talked to the owner, he had just pulled up in my blind spot as I started to back up. We have talked since, and the scratch on his vette cleaned up just as nice.

Thanks Bri.
          Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
          08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
          98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
          82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

I wouldn't consider that a "scratch". I have used scratch x before on some minor scratches and got no results. I now have a pc and maybe it will do a better job.
            2008 Jet Black BMW X3
            2007 Ford Fusion 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');