• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Honda CRV_ Cosmic Blue in colour_ applied ceramic coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Honda CRV_ Cosmic Blue in colour_ applied ceramic coating

Gang,
    Firstly thank you for having me in this forum ...I need to ask a question about todays car painting practices as I bought my first car way back in 1964 and haven't car painting practices, changed...I'm still pretty fit for my age and last week bought a new Honda CRV and as I left the dealer, I asked him, if the car had been detailed?...He said no, but, it has been washed, as it had just arrived of the ship a week before!.. So, I carefully washed , chamoised and buffed as much off the exterior as I could and applied, a ceramic coating...Thinking this is going look great and at your age, outlast you!!... I approached this very carefully by hand and it took me 9 hours to complete, as it was my intention, for the car, not to move for at least 3 days but it ended up being 8 days, before it was driven out of the garage...
    I have noticed blemishers in about 5 places, which look like a "Smudge or cloud, shining through, onto, a shiny paint work but they are not clouds" and its' not so much damn right awful, as annoying...I followed up with the manufacturer about this and they were very , very good with a response and told me, to use a "Cutting Compound"?...Well, as I said, the paintwork is new and I being a novice, wouldn't like to remove down to the clear cote, as well as I probably wouldn't know anyhow or what I'm looking for?!!...It's not the ceramic guys fault, its' mine, but, I'm unsure about the cutting compound?.. The colour is a dark exterior " Cosmic Blue _ wife had to have it_ give me Red" which at different angles, looks, like a deep grey and or, nearly black...I have tried to remove one "1" spot / smudge and well, it's still there... I used "Nu-Finish Scratch Doctor" referred to me by someone else... At a loss here gang and I my life won't be worth living around my wife, if I don't fix, this brand new car... It had 53ks on it, when I got it home...
    Long winded I now but, I've used Maguaris on previous cars I owned and always had a bloody good run...Any help would be greatly appreciated or I may as well go and jump off the nearest, cliff, now!!...I'm sorry, it won't let me load a couple of images?...
    Regards

Re: New Honda CRV_ Cosmic Blue in colour_ applied ceramic coating

Others will come in here with good responses, but maybe for off the shelf products, try a spot with Ultimate Polish, if it doesn't work Ultimate Compound will for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
      Others will come in here with good responses, but maybe for off the shelf products, try a spot with Ultimate Polish, if it doesn't work Ultimate Compound will for sure.
      Buddy,
      Much appreciated and I will try your suggestion...Thank you for taking the time out to reply, all the best...

Comment

All good, and welcome to the forum sir!

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Denner55 View Post
            Welcome and enjoy the forums!
            Denner55,
            Thank you for the welcome and I extend the same courtesy to you sir...Thank you..

Comment

Buddy,
              G'Day mate... Well its' been some weeks now since I posted and received your much appreciated extend welcome and courtesy...I ordered the Meguiares cutting compound through Amazon and well our transport guys went out on strike and now we have floods but it finally arrived!!...That will teach me as I tried to save money on my purchase.. I have only yesterday applied 2 two coats on a really bad spot by hand and with some hard yakka ( Work) lifted the spot and all looks well...I feel a little more confident to move on now...It really looks like the car had been washed by the dealer but not dried properly and when transported to me by road its' hardened and soap marks / stains appeared... As I said I used a chamois but these spots really hardened / dried and I've applied the ceramic coat...If I come out of this with a good finish I will be more than happy but there you go maybe the soap they used to wash it dried onto the clear coat?...Give me my 1969 Ford GT and its paintwork any day... Thanks again...
              Regards

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');