• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello All!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All!!!

Hello

Ive been poking around on here for a few months during the winter to try and find some tips, so i decided to go ahead and join. I got my first new (to me) car last year, a black 2012 Dodge Avenger. About a month after that my wife got also a new to her, black 2006 Ford F150, she's always been a truck girl and has really been wanting one, so she did.

After a decent winter i decided to go out and get a few things to keep em clean. After looking around for a bit I found out just how good of products the folks at Meguiar's have....I've been hooked ever since. Started out with some deep crystal wash, a sponge (mistake), some armor all wheel cleaner (mistake), NXT 2.0 liquid wax (by far the best choice i made), some MF towels and applicators, Meguiars clat kit, and a bottle of the UC. Now being new to this, I couldnt wait to get started. I really didnt do much with my old 2001 Mirage that i had for 10 years except a coat of Nu Finish every now and again. But once I saw some pics of vehicles, especially black, treated with all Meguiar's products, i wanted ours to look as brilliant like they did.

First time out was fun, but i knew i was in way over my head. I washed, clayed, compounded, and waxed both my car and the wife's truck in one day. WOW, were my arms dead. But after looking at them both in the sunlight after, i knew every second of it was worth it. They just glistened, black paint as shiny as could be(minus the few imperfections ofcourse) but it was something I did by myself, no one showing or guiding. I felt a ton of self accomplishment.
    Digging deeper I knew it could be improved even more though. Researching more, I came accross the DA Power System. Since i cant afford a real DA, and living in an apartment, its just not realistic to own right now, maybe in the future though when we get a house. I told my wife I wated one for Xmas this past year. About an hour after I told her, I saw Meguiars post a thing on FB talkin about Spot the Differences in two pics of the DA Power System. So i did, and thought nothing of it. About a week later i get a notification from Meguiars stating i was one of the five selected out of hundreds to win a free DA Power System. Ive never won anything in my life like that, i was almost in tears haha. So my wife got me all the pads for it and I patiently waited for my DA prize to arrive. Finally it came and ive been researching, watching videos, looking at reviews, just itching to use it. I hope after this horrible Ohio winter, i can get our vehicles bright, shiny and mostly swirl free when it starts to warm up.

Sorry, i just kept babbling. But now im up to a whole basket full of nothing but Meguiars products, about 50 MF towels, couple Meguiars wash mits(no more sponge for me), grit guard, and a few buckets. I cant wait to get elbow deep in those smells again and bring back the shine to our black beauties.

Thanks for all the info ive learned on here, and i hope someday i might be able to repay another lost soul like i was to the greatness that is MEGUIARS!!

scrappyxx

Re: Hello All!!!

Welcome to MOL!

Thanks for sharing your story... very cool how you won that prize.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');