• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surface Finger Test - worst after applying DC Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface Finger Test - worst after applying DC Polish

I just carried out wash/clay/(polish)/wax by hand on my well look after light color car. I encountered issue with the DC Polish, it seems to be effecting the surface after I applied it following claying step i.e. running fingers across the surface after claying was smooth but after DC Polish the surface became rough/partical-like (test done after I wiped off Polisher immediately after applying the polish).
    The micro-fibre polishing cloth I used were reasonable clean and of high quality, claying and polishing have different MF cloth.

I couldn't tell if polishing application foam pad pick up further dirt/contiminant following claying, as the DC Polish is muddy grey in color to begin with. I worked in a closed and cool garage.

Question: Is this common or is there anything wrong with the DC Polish?

Your comment is appreciated.

PS: However, after applying the NTX 1.0 following the polishing step, the surface seems to return to smooth feeling again. To avoid having ruining my car, I avoided using the Polish after experiencing this when I applied it on the car roof, hence bracket on the (polish) mentioned above.

Re: Surface Finger Test - worst after applying DC Polish

Try using a spray detailer of some sort and see if it removes the rough feeling your talking about.

You might not be removing the product all the way.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I agree with Ryan.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Have you used the DC1 paint cleaner at all as well?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies.

Ryan L. I viewed the surface at the angle to see if any Polish was left behind after wiping it off....the surface looks clean.

Murr1525. No, I did not see any need to use DC1 Paint Cleaner as the surface was in very good condition. FYI, the car was looked after by Meguiars Gold Class & DC System all these years. I tends to avoid Paint Cleaner and Polish and go straight to GC Wax or NTX.

Yes, it is something strange. The Polish looks fine to me, has no impurities that I could detect.

Comment

Contact Meguiars Customer Service.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

hmm, seems strange that if was claying was leaving it smooth and DC2? (polish) made it rough, DC2 was given to me by someone and gave a really deep and smooth finish.

Comment

Can you try the claying and the polishing on a different car, to just a small section and see if you get the same results?

There are not ingredients in the Deep Crystal Polish with the intended purpose of abrading paint so it shouldn't be doing anything except making the paint glossy and clear.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Will try on another car this weekend and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by king View Post
                    I just carried out wash/clay/(polish)/wax by hand on my well look after light color car. I encountered issue with the DC Polish, it seems to be effecting the surface after I applied it following claying step i.e. running fingers across the surface after claying was smooth but after DC Polish the surface became rough/partical-like (test done after I wiped off Polisher immediately after applying the polish).
                    The micro-fibre polishing cloth I used were reasonable clean and of high quality, claying and polishing have different MF cloth.

I couldn't tell if polishing application foam pad pick up further dirt/contiminant following claying, as the DC Polish is muddy grey in color to begin with. I worked in a closed and cool garage.

Question: Is this common or is there anything wrong with the DC Polish?

Your comment is appreciated.

PS: However, after applying the NTX 1.0 following the polishing step, the surface seems to return to smooth feeling again. To avoid having ruining my car, I avoided using the Polish after experiencing this when I applied it on the car roof, hence bracket on the (polish) mentioned above.
                    I know exactly what hes saying, when i detailed my truck 3 weeks ago i did

Nxt Wash
                    Clay
                    Color X
                    Number 7 Show Car Glaze
                    Tech wax 2.0- 2 coats

After completing the Color X step my finish was extremly smooth and then i applied Show car glaze and the surface was still smooth but not as smooth before. So i knew this was normal and just went to Tech wax 2.0 and it felt like it did after the color x application. i didnt even really need to clay but i did it anyway as there were hardly any above surface bonded contaminants. But anyways it worked out fine

By the way i havent washed my truck since that session three weeks ago, i plan on doing it Saturday because my 2009 products came in today and i cannot wait to try them
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

judging from what your saying, i think the DC polish was fine and your method of application and removal was fine but you said after you waxed it felt smooth again.

I jest went and grabbed the bottle off my rack and it says it is supposed to leave a brilliant high gloss finish and conditions the paint prior to waxing and replenishing resins/oils in the paint.

But then again it should not leave a gritty feel or sandpaper like feel and i think it is not as smooth because it may remove wax because i polished a panel with it once and di the squeak test and it proved there wasnt any wax left compared to other spots on my truck where i had not applied the polish yet.

But if you could be a little more specific on how it feels, because if it is a sandpaper or gritty feel then everything i have just posted is not appropriate for your situation.
                      But more than likely a simple coat of Tech Wax 2.0 puts the smoothness back after DC2
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');