• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on tough job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on tough job

Hi all,

I've been a long time visitor first time poster.

A friend of mine would like me to remove the swirls on this new/used car. The problem is the car is black and has a ton of swirl marks. I washed it, clayed it and applied scratch x and nxt to a small section. The section is nice and shiny but the swirls are still there when the sun hits it. I am planning on taking the following approach:

Clay the entire veh
    #83 with a rotary buffer
    nxt wax

Which pad would give the best best results the 7000 or 8000.

I've read alot about this but would still appreciate some feed back

Re: Need help on tough job

Steps 1 and 3 are fine but here is a suggestion for step 2 Do you have a bottle of #80? If not Can you get hold of a bottle of #80? I would suggest for you to try to use #80 with a W8000 Yellow Foam Polishing pad on a small area first and check if it works and I'm pretty much sure it will do the job it works great.

If that wont do the job you can try 1 pass of #83 with a W8000 Yellow Foam Polishing pad then 1 pass of #80 with another W8000 Yellow Foam Polishing pad. If you dont have #80 you can try # 83 with a W8000 Yellow Foam Polishing pad. Hope that helped.
    SYDSTER

Comment

Thanks for the info. Quick question. If the I use the 80 and the rotary leaves holograms or trails can I remove the trails and/or holograms with scratch x or is there something better out there. Thanks

Comment

Anyone else have some useful tips

Comment

what kind/yr car??

Comment

I'd leave the rotary out of the equation all together. If you can get your hands on a DA with #80 you should be fine...with virtually no worry of holograms, etc. IMO that would be the least aggressive method.

If that doesn't work then try the DA with #83. Unless you're really skilled with the rotary (and I'm not yet) so that you don't have to worry about holograms then it's probably best not to use it. I think many here would recommend following it with a DA even if you did.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck...maybe post us some pics!

Jonathan

Comment

The car is I believe an 01 or 02 navigator black

I have used the rotary several times with alot of success on my cars. By no means am I an expert but i feel comfortable with it. unfortunetly I have not been able to get a hold of a da. I am looking to get one soon hopefully.

Thanks

Comment

I have one more question. In the past when I get holograms or swirls I apply scratch X which helps alot. I want to buy the g100/7424 in order to get a great finish but at this point they are too expensive for me. Are there less expensive alternatives out there? I guess I need to put it on a credit card

Comment

Originally posted by eelizondo View Post
                  I have one more question. In the past when I get holograms or swirls I apply scratch X which helps alot. I want to buy the g100/7424 in order to get a great finish but at this point they are too expensive for me. Are there less expensive alternatives out there? I guess I need to put it on a credit card
                  We can't get the G100 here and after talking to a lot of others I am getting a Bosch Pex 400AE.

Comment

Originally posted by eelizondo View Post
                    ...Are there less expensive alternatives out there? ...
                    Of the DA machines that are effective for removing paint defects the G100/7424/7335/7336 is the least expensive. The others cost more.

PC.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');