• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing Clay Cost Effectiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing Clay Cost Effectiveness

Hello~!

For the record, i love my meguiar's collection

seeing i didnt want to clog up other sections of the forum, and seeing this is somewhat some constructive feedback, i decided to post it here. Its not an immediate new product suggestion, but it maybe a general suggestion. This is definitely not a criticism.

I really, really, for the love of goodness, need detailing clay. I understand for sometime now that the Australian market has the Replacement Claybar package "under evaluation" as in here, so really right now the only means of attaing a meguiar's claybar is:

a) Purchasing what you guys in the states call it as "the old claykit" where we have x1 100g claybar and x1 quik detailer.

b) Purchasing a mirror glaze 200g claybar, like this aggressive C2100 claybar from autochain stores.

Being someone who details cars often - especially cars that have never been detailed, thus never clayed - i need clay like plants need water.

This is where the problem lies for car crazy people oh so loyal to the meguiar's camp down here in Australia.

4 words;

WE CANT GET CLAY.

Why?

Going for option a) of purchasing the old claykit just doesnt work, as most of us know that purchasing Last Touch at 1:1/1:2 dilution is the most cost efficient and results effective for a lubricant. And plus, its for consumers at retail level.

We would love to go for option b) but here's the twist. C2000 & C2100 Mirror glaze claybars cost $80 (mild) and $100 (aggressive) for ONE tub of 200g claybar. ONE tub.

$100AUD for an aggressive meguiar's grade is like an atomic bomb in your wallet, especially for clay. I can purchase alot of meguiar's for $100AUD.

I thought i would voice this feedback here as there might be some small chance that meguiar's hq can see whats happening in the overseas sector. I've voiced this to the Australian distributor but theres nothing much they can do about it, especially regarding the cost...

I've now resorted to looking for clays else where, but i know that quality will never be up to standard as the meguiar's clay. Nasty clay means inferior results, and the Mother's Clay Bar System is horrifying as the claybar breaks up too easily and does not pick up stubborn bonded contaminants.

Cheers~!

Regards, Wilco
    There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Re: Detailing Clay Cost Effectiveness

Have you tried Amazon.com? Wouldn't they ship to Oz? (The free super saver shipping may only be for orders shipped within the US, but it doesn't hurt to ask)

Meguiar's C-2000 Professional Detailing Clay, Mild by Meguiar's
    Buy new: $31.49 $19.21
    12 Used & new from $17.99
    Get it by Monday, Mar 2 if you order in the next 8 hours and choose one-day shipping.
    Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
    (7)

Meguiar's C-2100 Professional Detailing Clay, Aggressive by Meguiar's
    Buy new: $30.82 $18.96
    3 Used & new from $17.99
    Get it by Monday, Mar 2 if you order in the next 8 hours and choose one-day shipping.
    (3)

18.96 US dollars = 29.16 Australian dollars (Exchange rate: 1.538100)

Meguiar's C2100 Professional Detailing Clay, Aggressive, pack of 12 by Meguiar's
    Buy new: $442.68 $203.88

203.88 US dollars = 313.59 Australian dollars (Exchange rate: 1.538100)
    Price per unit less shipping charges = $26 AUD

Comment

Add: Shipping Rates and Times to Australia (Amazon)

See the Priority Courier Shipping Rates to Australia, that covers automotive products

Comment

Dont worry, if i could source some bars from the states without an atomic bomb effect, i wouldve done so already.

They dont send this stuff to australia due to cost issues, only available in the states

Thanks for helping out though = )
        Regards, Wilco
        There's No Shine Like Meguiar's

Comment

Well that *****! Sorry to hear it, mate. Guess you'll just have plan a visit to the states for one of Meguiars free classes (and bring an extra steamer trunk).

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');