• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option to buy NXT applicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to buy NXT applicator

I'd like to have the option to purchase the NXT 1.0 applicators separately.

Thank you.
    Robert

Re: Option to buy NXT applicator

I do not know what that applicator for NXT 1.0 was, but I think the 2.0 applicator for NXT Wax is the same as the Hi Tech Applicator.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Beginner2002 View Post
      I'd like to have the option to purchase the NXT 1.0 applicators separately.

Thank you.
      Meguiars sells the applicator pads seperately if you need. I believe they come in a two pack.

Comment

I think he may specifically want the purple NXT one, rather than the traditional yellow one

Comment

A good practice when working on paint is to frequently turn your applicator pad over and visually inspect it for any loose debris or abrasive dirt particles that could have accidentally made their way onto the face of the pad and if discovered carefully pick them off or switch to a new and/or clean applicator pad.

The benefit to our yellow foam applicator pads is that it's easier to see if they are contaminated or not due to the light color.

Same goes for the microfiber applicator which is white in color....

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Is there any difference between the yellow and purple foam applicators other than the color?
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
              Is there any difference between the yellow and purple foam applicators other than the color?
              No.

It's interesting in that you can't order white foam wax pad as they won't hold their white color when exposed to the sun and will yellow.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

For some reasons, I like the NXT 1.0 applicator better. To me, Hi tech applicator has smaller cells than the NXT 1.0 and if you bend the hi tech one you'll see a thin layer on the surface due to some "manufacturing process" while the NXT one doesn't have it..

Robert

Comment

I found the foam applicator that came with my NXT Tech Wax 2.0 useless, so I tossed it out and use a microfiber applicator.
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                    I found the foam applicator that came with my NXT Tech Wax 2.0 useless, so I tossed it out and use a microfiber applicator.
                    Useless?? I have many uses for my foam pads depending on age. Are the pads that come with NXT 2.0 different from the yellow foam pad I pick up from ADS?

Mike
                    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
                      Useless?? I have many uses for my foam pads depending on age. Are the pads that come with NXT 2.0 different from the yellow foam pad I pick up from ADS?

Mike
                      The one that came with it was blue / purple.
                      AeroCleanse, LLC
                      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Well, I've been looking and squeezing my yellow pads and my purple pad. Excluding the color, I cannot determine whether they are different or the same. They are the same size and depth. The light shines off of them differently, which I attribute to the different colors. But the purple one does seem "softer," by which I mean that it seems to squeeze easier, with less resistance; but that may be imaginary on my part. I don't know.
                        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                        --Al Kimel

Comment

Well, I've been looking and squeezing my yellow pads and my purple pad. Excluding the color, I cannot determine whether they are different or the same. They are the same size and depth. The light shines off of them differently, which I attribute to the different colors. But the purple one does seem "softer," by which I mean that it seems to squeeze easier, with less resistance; but that may be imaginary on my part. I don't know.
                          Thanks for the comparison.

On another note, your signatures seem to get a little more grim with each new one. I've only had my black car 6 months. How much longer do I have before I lose my optimism?

Mike
                          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

i noticed that the blue hi tech applicator pads are softer than the yellow hi tech applicator pads as well
                            Nick
                            Tucker's Detailing Services
                            815-954-0773
                            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                              i noticed that the blue hi tech applicator pads are softer than the yellow hi tech applicator pads as well
                              They are definitely a different material!?!? I prefer the yellow ones, don't really care for the NXT ones myself.
                              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');