• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam Pad Cleaner/Restorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Pad Cleaner/Restorer

Hi All:

Sure would be nice if there was a product that could be used to safely clean the foam pads used with the PC.

Something that would flush out the product but not damage the glue that holds the Velcro on.

Since my pads are in storage most of the time, I feel that it is better to have them as clean as possible.

Cleaning the pads can be a very time consuming job so I would purchase a product that I knew would safely clean them. Anything to reduce the cleanup time after detailing a vehicle would be a big plus for me.

You would think that this is something a professional shop could also use; may be they have something now that I just do not known about.

KTruck
    Make it Shine

If you have the foam pad on the velcro backing plate you should take the foam pad off before you wash it. And if the velcro comes unglued from the plate you can buy this product from Walmart.It is called Aleene Tacky Glue.
    Last edited by JG_Detailing; Jul 12, 2004, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Re: Foam Pad Cleaner/Restorer

Originally posted by KTruck
      Hi All:

Sure would be nice if there was a product that could be used to safely clean the foam pads used with the PC.

Something that would flush out the product but not damage the glue that holds the Velcro on.

Since my pads are in storage most of the time, I feel that it is better to have them as clean as possible.

Cleaning the pads can be a very time consuming job so I would purchase a product that I knew would safely clean them. Anything to reduce the cleanup time after detailing a vehicle would be a big plus for me.

You would think that this is something a professional shop could also use; may be they have something now that I just do not known about.

KTruck
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The way I clean my foam pad is I put them in a bucket with water and let them soak. I uaually spin the foam pad in the bucket then rinse the foam with the hose to clean off any thing left on it. I found that leaving the foam pad in the water help's out alot.

Comment

Here is a way you can clean your pad's.
          Last edited by JG_Detailing; Jul 12, 2004, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');