• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches After Using NXT Generation™ Tech Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches After Using NXT Generation™ Tech Wax?

I waxed my 05 Mustang using NXT Liquid, and soon after I saw VERY NOTICEABLE scratches along the rear and front bumpers and spolier (plastic parts). They ran horizonatally with the bumper, which tells me they were put there by me while waxing. I think I put it on to thick, which must have scratched it when I removed it. MY BAD! These scratches will not buff of with polishing compound, scratch remover or 3M Perfect-It Swirl remover. I am not sure what to try next. I don't want to destroy the finish in the process, but for a perfectionist like me it is driving me NUTS!! Any recommendations would be appreciated. If you have the time, please be detailed, since I have no experience in exterior finishing beyond basic waxing (and scratching!). I am willing to buy the right equipment and learn how to use it if required.
    Kenneth Price

What did you use to apply and remove the NXT. The towel or applicator pad is most likely the cause. Did any dust or dirt get on the paint while the wax was setting up?

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

applicator pad....

oddly, the scratches are only significant on the plastic parts. If there was something in the applicator, wouldn't all of the paint be scrached?
      Kenneth Price

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');