• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warranty issues for G100A owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty issues for G100A owners?

So the G100A I've had for the better part of the past decade is finally wearing out.... the bearings are squealing when I shut the machine off and it seems like I'm able to get the pad to stop spinning much more easily than I used to.

My question is this: I bought the G100A with a lifetime warranty... how are you guys handling replacements on these? Sending a G110v2 as replacement, or having the G100A repaired by Porter Cable and sent back to the customer? And what happens to the lifetime warranty after this, since the new machines don't have that warranty supplied any longer? Thanks!

Re: Warranty issues for G100A owners?

I think a call to Meguiar's customer service is in order. They should be able to answer these and any other concerns that you have.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Good question. I'd like to know this as well (except my G100 is nearly mint)
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
        Good question. I'd like to know this as well (except my G100 is nearly mint)
        Aw heck. +1

Comment

I have the Meguiars version of the PC, which is what I think you are talking about. I did ask the warranty question.

If my memory serves me right....they will replace with a new PC from Meguiars.....but that one has only a 1 year warranty.

It's best that you contact Meguiars customer care though.
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

That's what I was thinking it was. I couldn't remember exactly how it worked. I don't see my G100A going anytime soon though. So much for trying the FLEX D/A one day, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
              That's what I was thinking it was. I couldn't remember exactly how it worked. I don't see my G100A going anytime soon though. So much for trying the FLEX D/A one day, lol.
              Ha! Yeah I have a Flex D/A as well, but I still use the old trusty PC7336 (G100A) a lot for smaller jobs and if I'm using smaller pads.

I think you guys are right, I'll have to call in and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by DetailFreak517 View Post
                So the G100A I've had for the better part of the past decade is finally wearing out.... the bearings are squealing when I shut the machine off and it seems like I'm able to get the pad to stop spinning much more easily than I used to.

My question is this: I bought the G100A with a lifetime warranty... how are you guys handling replacements on these? Sending a G110v2 as replacement, or having the G100A repaired by Porter Cable and sent back to the customer? And what happens to the lifetime warranty after this, since the new machines don't have that warranty supplied any longer? Thanks!
                At this point we no longer have any G100's left in stock. That being the case we will replace your machine with a G110v2. That machine comes with a 1 year warranty which I think you will find is pretty standard for the industry and this type of tool.
                Brian Hann
                Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, California
                bhann@meguiars.com
                (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                  At this point we no longer have any G100's left in stock. That being the case we will replace your machine with a G110v2. That machine comes with a 1 year warranty which I think you will find is pretty standard for the industry and this type of tool.
                  Good to know! Yeah I wasn't happy about the idea of losing the lifetime warranty, but given the amount of times the G100 has paid for itself and as long as it has lasted, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Thanks for the information!

Comment

Glad i found this post cause i am in the same boat with my Pc i got some 4 ro 5 years ago no power any longer. as soon as i put any type of pressure it just jiggles now.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');