• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Wheel

I have a 1994 Mustang convertible and I dress the interior with NXT Gen protectant. I really love the product and I do show the car at local car shows. The problem is that in the past month or so I have noticed that the steering wheel center has become sticky and I can not get the sticky off. Is it the protectant or is the steering wheel center just getting old? It is a softer type cover which cover the air bag.
    How do I fix this problem? Any answers will help a lot.
    Thanks

Re: Sticky Wheel

Modern materials being used to make car interiors are getting more temperamental, it's not like the old days when there was one kind of vinyl... it was called... vinyl.

You can try cleaning with our Quik Interior Detailer, either the spray or wipes and you should be able to find this at about any auto parts stores.

I'll also send the link to this thread to Tom MacDonald as he may have some experience with this type of issue.

Quik Detailer Interior

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

May need a good cleaning to strip off the old dressing then re-apply your Tech Protect. My steering wheel gets that time to time and I used the old carpet interior cleaner to clean it then applied my M40/Natural shine. I now use APC and it works great.

Keep us updated
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Thanks for the answers so far. The "vinyl" in my car looks great, but you are right in that this part of the steering wheel is not really "vinyl" but more of a "rubber vinyl" of some sort.
        I did use the Quik Interior Detailer wipes to try and clean off the sticky but with little results. I know I need to clean it with something to strip off the old protectant, but I am not sure about the carpet cleaner. What kind of carpet cleaner is it, and maybe there is another cleaner product for vinyl or "rubber vinyl".
        Again, Thanks for the help and answers.

Comment

I'd go with the Meg's APC. First try it at 10:1 dilution with distilled water.
          Heatgain (Gary)
          The Irate Magistrate
          Neutral & Detached

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');