• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hazardous materials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazardous materials?

Are any of Meguiar's products considered "hazardous material"? The context has to do with a question on a Business License application. Just trying to cover my bases.

Thanx in advance!

Re: Hazardous materials?

Originally posted by premier.mobile1 View Post
    Are any of Meguiar's products considered "hazardous material"? The context has to do with a question on a Business License application. Just trying to cover my bases.

Thanx in advance!
    Even if there were Meg's product that were considered a hazardous material, it would be a class 9 haz mat. These are commonly used in products like hair spray in which the propellant is a hazardous material. The propellant is usually class 2.1(flammable gas) or 2.2(non-flammable gas), also used in fire extinguishers. These are commonly called a "consumer commodity" or a "limited quantity"
    The description would be:
    fire extinguishers, 2.2, UN1044, cylinder, ltd.qty.

I don't think this would be considered harmful as far as your license app. goes, because as far as the D.O.T is concerned the materials do not have to be placarded during transportation. The only time you need to worry about a class 9 hazmat is when it is in a bulk container totalling 191 gallons or more.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Re: Hazardous materials?

All Meg's products have Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS's) and I'm pretty sure it would tell you on there if they are considered hazardous.

You can download the MSDS's from the meguiars.com homepage I believe.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');