• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scatches on plastic from Carnauba wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scatches on plastic from Carnauba wax

Help!!
    I did something so stupid!

I used a buffer on the placstic trim on my Honda CR-V.

Is there a way to remove these scratches? They don't even look like scratches - they appear as light colored streaks in the black plastic and look terrible!

Thanks for any and all help!
    never give up, never, never, never give up

have you tried QD to remove them?

Comment

what is QD?

Comment

Quick Detailer?

Comment

It's Quick Detailer, it's like basically a spray that removes anything left after waxing. It's also used to remove fingerprints, dust, etc. If you use some QD along with a MF towel, you should be able to remove the streaks. If that doesn't work try to apply another layer of wax over the spot by hand and then remove it before it dries. This should also work to remove the streaks.

Comment

streaks on plastic

wow - thanks for the quick answer. What is a MF towel? I will order some Quick Detailer.

Comment

I use nxt tech protectant with a soft toothbrush on my trim.

Comment

MF=Microfiber. Meguiar's MF towel is called Ultimate Wipe, but you can find a variety of MF towels for varying prices just about anywhere.

Comment

I was thinking that it was painted trim, but realized that you may have meant just the black plastic trim that is not painted. In that case you may want you use something like #39 or #40. Sorry about that, i thought you meant you had black painted trim.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');