• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing a contractor truck and found a couple issues(Silverado)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing a contractor truck and found a couple issues(Silverado)

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a huge Chevy Silverado diesel that is used by a contractor. I've detailed this truck before however this time there are a few issues I've noticed. The truck is used and abused and there are alot of scrapes scratches and other issues. We know the owner well and he luckily doesn't expect a miracle, but non the less I'd like to do what I can for him. For starters any tips of cleaning up a truck like this would be appreciated, but mostly the two issues I've noticed are on the rear gate and on the wheels.(Pictures below although they don't appear to be showing up. Right click and open in new tab will work.) The cap on the truck is beginning to rust towards the bottom and the rust appears to be running onto the tail gate of the truck. Claybar did not take it off and I'm gonna try tar and bug remover. What could I use to get it off? I am going to wax the truck tomorrow also, and second there is a strange buildup on the wheels. I'm not sure if it is corrosion or just stubborn deposits but the don't seem to be coming off with scrubbing and wheel cleaner. Any ideas?

Thanks alot in advance,

Mike

Re: Detailing a contractor truck and found a couple issues(Silverado)

For the wheels, it looks like corrosion to me.
    For the tail gate, maybe some compound could help you. I had a black truck with rust runs from a 5th wheel to detail last year. M105 on a marron Meg's correction pad did the trick for me. This may help you.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');