• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can these scratches be removed with Scratch X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can these scratches be removed with Scratch X?

Hi Guys,

I've recently got some small scratches on my Titanium Silver Kia Forte and tried using Scratch X (but I think my technique was wrong when applying) a few times on the same spot, rubbing it with pressure using a microfibre cloth but the scratches still remain as you can see from the photos below (if the photos are too small, you can click on "Actions -> Download Photo" to get the full resolution photos). I tried to feel the scratch with my fingers and it doesnt appear to be too deep, looks a bit fine and its not obvious in darker areas such as an underground parking lot, but in the sun you can see it if you go closer. Anyway, here are the photos:

As mentioned I tried to apply Scratch X (the first version, not the 2.0 one) using a microfibre cloth and rubbing it with pressure onto the surface that has the scratches but they dont appear to be coming off. Is my technique wrong? I tried rubbing hard, then apply some onto the microfibre cloth and repeated it about 3-4 times. Is this the correct technique? If not, please do advice what I'm doing wrong because I believe we should be able to get rid of the scratch of this level with Scratch X, unless I'm seeing it wrongly.
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; Jul 7, 2011, 07:44 PM. Reason: No hyperlinks before reaching 30 posts

Re: Can these scratches be removed with Scratch X?

The scratches aren't too bad. You Should be able to remove or at least vastly improve them.

The ScratchX 1.0 you used was a very mild product. ScratchX 2.0 is far more effective.

It sounds like your technique might be ok. I'd just go out and get ScratchX 2.0 and UC. Do a test spot with the ScratchX first. If that doesn't work, move up to the UC.

Good luck!
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks. I guess i'll be getting the scratch x 2.0 and UC. I've tried the scratch x 1.0 again earlier and the results are pretty much the same whether i apply heavy pressure or gently put pressure on the microfibre cloth - the scratch is still there. One queston:

If i were to use the UC, do I apply it like scratch X? as in the WOWI method? Also after using the UC should I just wipe it off and leave it that way or do I need to wax it afer that?

Appreciate your advice guys

Comment

Try less product and more elbow grease.........
        those aren't that bad I believe you can take them out..........
        Good pictures.......
        :

Comment

Here's some more photos taken earlier (which should be clearer) after attempting to apply scratch x 1.0 again, still failed to get rid of the scratch:

While the scratch may seem small I think its possible that the scratch might be deeper than I initially thought it would be. I'll definitely be getting the scratch X 2.0 and UC, hopefully it'll solve the problem. Any tips on using the UC? Like waxing after applying the UC? How should I generally use it (UC)? Your comments are appreciated.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a few applications of ScratchX. It is mild as mentioned above.

You want to work with pressure, but fast also. Straight back and forth tends to allow the most speed/pressure on a small spot like that, then a few circualr ones to even things out.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Nothing wrong with a few applications of ScratchX. It is mild as mentioned above.

You want to work with pressure, but fast also. Straight back and forth tends to allow the most speed/pressure on a small spot like that, then a few circualr ones to even things out.
              i did try to apply pressure and fast too but the scratch was still there and not one bit different than when I first saw it.

Comment

If that's the case you might want
                to re level the surface with 2500 wet sand paper.....
                then polish again.....

Comment

I ran my fingers up against the scratches again just now and I think it is definitely deeper than I thought, not a fine scratch but using my fingernails I can feel it is deeper, would scratch x 2.0 or UC help in this case?

Comment

I would use the UC just like you did the Scratch X. You can follow it with Scratch X to refine it if needed. Then wax the area to protect it. You may not get it all out but you should be able to improve it significantly.

Comment

If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, then you probably won't be able to remove it completely.

UC will definitely improve it though. And yes, you need to wax after using UC.
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

^ I'll probably try this method. Somebody put a wet box on my car during moving and the grit from the ground scratched the paint. The scratches are about the same depth but much longer.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');