• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl Removal

What product would you recommend for removing light to medium swirl marks and light scratches. I was thinking some m105 or UC. Opinions???

Re: Swirl Removal

Try the least aggressive first. I am assuming you are doing this by hand. Start out with Scratch-x. Remember to use a lot of passion behind the pad. (elbow grease).

It may take a couple of applications to get to a level that your satisfied with.

Then if there is no improvement, step up to the ultimate compound.

Good luck.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

PLEASE BE AWARE. Doing by hand takes TIME. Remember small area at a time and maybe doing atleast 3 applications per spot. Maybe a 6x6 area. I thought i had determination/stubborness to do my car by hand and gave up after doing half the hood. Looks good but for as much work as it took i figured i'd be better off waiting until i get a da. O yea, the car i was working on was white and it hid most of the swirls to begin with.
      Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

Thanks il try working my way up on the product lines. I hope to get a da soon!!! That will make life so much easier! I am developing some strong arms from all these wax jobs though!!!

Comment

I have been trying to remove swirls and scratches by hand on my 2009 Murano and scratchx or swirlx do not seem to be working!

3 applications and nothing....doing back side on rear door by window....any suggestions would help as im about to give up.

Comment

It takes a lot of elbow grease to remove swirls , it takes time and your arm will should feel like its gonna fall out after your done. A product like Ultimate Compound is more aggressive but it will also be more effective and easier on your arm .

Comment

I eventually got my car looking pretty good with some UC. It took me about 3 applications on the entire car. I cant wait till i have enough money to get myself a DA

Comment

Hi all,

Im new here and need a small help as im not too sure which of the following 3 product is the least agressive and so on: SwirlX, scratchx 2.0 or UC? The reason I asked is my car is full of swirls (not too sure how bad it is) and I started working with ScratchX 2.0 but did not seems to work so far (even when I followed the proper way on you tube). So Im kinda wanting to know where does ScratchX 2.0 stands in terms of the agressiveness before im moving on to the stronger product.

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NS9900 View Post
                  Hi all,

Im new here and need a small help as im not too sure which of the following 3 product is the least agressive and so on: SwirlX, scratchx 2.0 or UC? The reason I asked is my car is full of swirls (not too sure how bad it is) and I started working with ScratchX 2.0 but did not seems to work so far (even when I followed the proper way on you tube). So Im kinda wanting to know where does ScratchX 2.0 stands in terms of the agressiveness before im moving on to the stronger product.

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
                  Least aggressive to most aggressive are SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0 then Ultimate Compound.

Are you working by hand or DA?
                  2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

SwirlX - mild
                    ScratchX 2.0 - medium
                    Ultimate Compound - strong

What are you working on? Working by hand I take it?
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');