• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working conditions of M105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• froggyman
    replied
    Re: Working conditions of M105

Originally posted by Civic Man View Post
    Hey Guys, I just tried a sample of M105 with both rotary & by hand last week, all I can say is one word, "AWESOME!!".
    Face any problem when used by hands?
    What type of applicator you used?

Leave a comment:

• froggyman
    replied

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

They both work great for removing swirls and scratches by hand. Be sure to use a clean soft foam applicator pad and not any kind of scratchy material to apply our products or any products as your choice of application material is just as important as the product you use.

Also, when removing swirls and scratches out of clear coat paints by hand you only want to work small sections at a time, for example about a foot squared. Don't try to rub out entire panels at a time, or even half a hood at one time.

Only work small sections at at time. After you work a small section, wipe off the residue and move onto another small section. Overlap a little into the previous section for uniform material removal. (UMR)

Hi Mike,
    Will take note of that if i managed to get my hands on this M105.
    which is a better choice??....terry cloth, foam applicator or microfiber applicator.
    thanks for the advice

Leave a comment:

• blackt00th
    replied

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You might have more difficulty due to warm/hot temperatures if you're working by machine but this product has been field tested in environments like this and these factors were taking into consideration when developing the product.

Anytime you run into problems due to warm temperatures and low humidity then shrink the size of your work area down and always remove spent product and clean your pad before applying fresh product.

They both work great for removing swirls and scratches by hand. Be sure to use a clean soft foam applicator pad and not any kind of scratchy material to apply our products or any products as your choice of application material is just as important as the product you use.

Also, when removing swirls and scratches out of clear coat paints by hand you only want to work small sections at a time, for example about a foot squared. Don't try to rub out entire panels at a time, or even half a hood at one time.

Only work small sections at at time. After you work a small section, wipe off the residue and move onto another small section. Overlap a little into the previous section for uniform material removal. (UMR)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the tips.
    I will be using Meg's yellow soft foam applicator pad with M105.
    I am thinking to start with an area of maybe 1/2 foot by 1/2 foot.

I will not be able to do anything over the weekend as the sample is not ready.
    I will only do any on M105 next weekend.
    So at the meantime, I will be continuing to use ColorX and M21 v2.0.
    Last edited by blackt00th; Feb 13, 2009, 01:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Phillips
    replied

Originally posted by blackt00th View Post
    But I was told that it could be difficult to use it over here.
    I was told that M105 might dries up too fast.

What would be the correct application method if I were to use it here?
    You might have more difficulty due to warm/hot temperatures if you're working by machine but this product has been field tested in environments like this and these factors were taking into consideration when developing the product.

Anytime you run into problems due to warm temperatures and low humidity then shrink the size of your work area down and always remove spent product and clean your pad before applying fresh product.

Originally posted by froggyman View Post
    Wondering working by hand.. which product ( M105 or Ultimate Compound)work better?

Leave a comment:

• Civic Man
    replied

Originally posted by froggyman View Post
    Hi, do also feedback ur experience working by hand.
    Tempting to get the M105( ya.. here[singapore] they only bring in gallon size)
    Wondering working by hand.. which product ( M105 or Ultimate Compound)work better?
    Hey Guys, I just tried a sample of M105 with both rotary & by hand last week, all I can say is one word, "AWESOME!!".

Leave a comment:

• froggyman
    replied

Originally posted by blackt00th View Post

As for me, I am thinking to go with the following on a test spot:

1.Wash
    2.Clay
    3.M105
    4.DC-2 or ColorX
    5.#21 V2.0 x2

Hopefully, I will be able to take a good photo of it with the camera on my cell phone.
    Hi, do also feedback ur experience working by hand.
    Tempting to get the M105( ya.. here[singapore] they only bring in gallon size)

Leave a comment:

• blackt00th
    replied

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
    Sorry I am not familiar with the compound.
    I will be using it tomorrow for the first time.
    Great. Please feel free to share with me your experience.

As for me, I am thinking to go with the following on a test spot:

1.Wash
    2.Clay
    3.M105
    4.DC-2 or ColorX
    5.#21 V2.0 x2

Hopefully, I will be able to take a good photo of it with the camera on my cell phone.

Leave a comment:

• TimG
    replied

Wheres the love for #95?

Leave a comment:

• blackt00th
    replied

Originally posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
    Around here, it gets pretty humid during the summer and fairly cold during the winter.

I have found that M105 will occasionally act up if the temperature is too cold. When this happens, I switch to M86 and that solves all the problems.

If I were you, I would have M86 or the updated M105 on hand just in case.
    I will be getting the update M105 tomorrow and will try it over the weekend. Hopefully it will turn out fine,

Leave a comment:

• blackt00th
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
    I'm pretty sure the weather issues are more related to machine use, and I can't see it having much of, if any effect when working by hand.

If you can not get Ultimate Compound in your local market, then M105 by hand is a great and similar option.
    I was told that it will takes another 2-3month before it arrived on our shores.
    The dealer told me that M105 is recommend more for machine use and not for hand but did offer to provide me with some sample which I will pick it up tomorrow.

He seems not sure that MOL has got great review of M105 by hand.
    Anyway, credit to him that he offer M105 to me for test and advise me to work on small area at a time.

Leave a comment:

• Carfire
    replied

Sorry I am not familiar with the compound.
    I will be using it tomorrow for the first time.

Leave a comment:

• PorscheGuy997
    replied

Around here, it gets pretty humid during the summer and fairly cold during the winter.

I have found that M105 will occasionally act up if the temperature is too cold. When this happens, I switch to M86 and that solves all the problems.

If I were you, I would have M86 or the updated M105 on hand just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Markus Kleis
    replied

I'm pretty sure the weather issues are more related to machine use, and I can't see it having much of, if any effect when working by hand.

If you can not get Ultimate Compound in your local market, then M105 by hand is a great and similar option.

Leave a comment:

• blackt00th
    started a topic Working conditions of M105

Working conditions of M105

After much great reviews of M105 here, I am very tempted to use M105 by hand to remove swirls.
    Our Temperature here the whole year round is at approximate 95FH or 35degreesC with humility at well over 80.
    But I was told that it could be difficult to use it over here.
    I was told that M105 might dries up too fast.

What would be the correct application method if I were to use it here?
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');