• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working on the SLK by Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the SLK by Hand

My Second post WOW...today turned into a 8+ hour day! I just purchased a used Porsche Boxster that need some TLC, so I thought I would detail my wifes SLK today.....the swirl marks killed me....I think I'm going to find a pro

Well below are some pics of the car after I was done with the exterior...still need to do windows and interior...that is going to have to wait.

All done by hand:
    Zaino car wash
    Mequiars clay bar
    Three applications of Scatch X
    wiped down with quick detailer in between applications
    two coats Zaino Z-5
    two coats Mequairs NXT
    Sprayed Zaino Z-6 gloss enhnacer between coats of z-5, and NXT, wiped down one more time with Z-6
    Mequairs wheel foam

I can still see the swirls and I'm pissed....
    The photos look better that what my eyes are saying.....

I need help to get it perfect, or find some GOOD Detailer in sothwest florida
    Ken

Re: Working on the SLK by Hand

Sir, if you can direct me to the nearest dealership that carries a Mercedes/Porsche Hybrid, I'll get it in an instant.

Just kidding. Good work on the SLK and nice Boxster.

Comment

Hi Ken,

Well, from the pics you posted, both vehicles look very good.

Unfortunately, working by hand isn't always easy and it takes a lot of energy. ScratchX is one of those products that requires many applications with a lot of passion.

Good luck finding a good detailer. If all else fails, you can drive them up to Indiana and I'll be more than happy to detail them.

I've done a few SLK 320's. The paint is somewhat hard, but the results are worth it.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Your pics look very good. The reflections look great.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

i would either stick with zaino or NXT.both great choices.

Comment

Spence, I've used Zaino in the past...but for all the hard work and $$$$ I really don't think I get as good results as I do with Meguiars. There are a few Z products I really like..the leather in the bottle...great..Z-6..wonderful...but I never had good results with Z-5 for swirls...not even after 4-5 coasts, tops with Z-2

I've always mixed the products i use, but I think I'm sticking straight Mequiars now and gonna purchase a Porter Cable machine to bring it to the next level..

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');