• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Care Corner: How and why to clay bar your car - by Mark Kleis, Leftlanenews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Care Corner: How and why to clay bar your car - by Mark Kleis, Leftlanenews

Hi everyone,

As some of you know, in addition to moderating here on Meguiar's Online, I also pay my bills with some automotive journalism on a site called LeftLaneNews (think fast lane, not political leaning).

I recently started a series of car care-related articles, with the newest going live today. I would love it if you could stop by, watch the video, and leave feedback on Leftlanenews in the comment section! Feel free to comment here, too, of course!

Here is the article containing the video on how and why to clay bar your car.

If you want to see the previous two articles, the first was a basic introductory article titled "Car Care Corner: An introduction to the art of automotive detailing, found HERE. The second was a "How to wash your car" article and video.

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Beautifully written Mark! You covered everything including the differences of mild and aggressive bars. I really liked how you addressed claying the windows, too. That is something that is often overlooked.

Thank you for spreading the car care word

Comment

Re: Car Care Corner: How and why to clay bar your car - by Mark Kleis, Leftlanenews

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
      Beautifully written Mark! You covered everything including the differences of mild and aggressive bars. I really liked how you addressed claying the windows, too. That is something that is often overlooked.

Thank you for spreading the car care word
      Thank you, and I am glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Re: Car Care Corner: How and why to clay bar your car - by Mark Kleis, Leftlanenews

Great articles, Mark.

Very few people know how to properly wash their cars and what clay bars are for. Your series will certainly introduce them to many new aspects of car care. I enjoy reading it as well.

Comment

Great article and video Mark! Thanks for sharing this with us. Must be great being able to do a job that's related to something you really love. I'm sure this will help a lot of newbies on the proper ways of claying the paint.
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

great stuff, I'll be sure to check it out often!
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

So yesterday I clayed my car for the first time and used Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay kit.

I kinda used up the whole bottle of Quick Detailer on my medium sized car :l, is that normal?

Comment

Great job Mark! You've pointed out some great tips. One thing I also like to do is clay the exterior glass of the vehicle.
                Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
                  Great articles, Mark.

Very few people know how to properly wash their cars and what clay bars are for. Your series will certainly introduce them to many new aspects of car care. I enjoy reading it as well.
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                  Great article and video Mark! Thanks for sharing this with us. Must be great being able to do a job that's related to something you really love. I'm sure this will help a lot of newbies on the proper ways of claying the paint.
                  Thanks..that's my goal

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
                  great stuff, I'll be sure to check it out often!
                  Thanks a bunch!

Originally posted by I CU2 View Post
                  So yesterday I clayed my car for the first time and used Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay kit.

I kinda used up the whole bottle of Quick Detailer on my medium sized car :l, is that normal?
                  Well, that does seem a bit severe, but I guess not unheard of if it was really, really bad. I probably use a quarter of a bottle on most cars, but it can vary.

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
                  Great job Mark! You've pointed out some great tips. One thing I also like to do is clay the exterior glass of the vehicle.
                  Thanks Jesse! Gotta love the difference on clayed vs non-clayed glass!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');