• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPLOADING PICTURES----Tricks and Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPLOADING PICTURES----Tricks and Tips

As many of you know I had a hard time for uploading pictures but soon realized it is not all that hard....so here is what I used to ease my pain:

1. Save the pictures to your hard drive or network.

2. Resize or crop your photos and make sure the photos meet the less than 1000k requirement. I used Microsoft Office Picture Manager to help me crop the photos. There are other programs out there but that one was easy for me to use.

2. Open another tab to MOL.

3. In the second MOL tab open the gallery and upload your photos. I found that the larger the photos the slower it is to upload.

4. I personally hate the mouse on a desktop or mouse so here are some tricks. Once the photos are uploaded right click the photo. Open the properties and highlight the URL. TRICK: depress CTRL+C (at the same time) this copies the URL.

5. Open the first MOL with your thread and click the "photo icon" (the one with the mountain and sun, it is yellow). TRICK: Click in the URL box depress CTRL+V (at the same time) this copies the URL. [NOTE: Ensure you highlighted the default http:// and pasted over it. If not your address will be http://http://. This will cause your picture upload to fail.]

6. Use the above methods until you are satisfied. TRICK: depress ALT+S (at the same time) this sends or posts your message to the forum.

7. Other shortcuts or hotkeys:
    CTRL+Z = undo
    CTRL+Y = redo
    CTRL+B = BOLD
    CTRL+U = UNDERLINE
    CTRL+I = ITALSIZE
    CTRL+L = Left Justify
    CTRL+R = Right Justify
    CTRL+C = Center Justify
    ALT+S = Send or Submit you post
    CTRL+K = Hyperlink
    ALT+Left Arrow = Go back to previous internet page (like hitting the back arrow in the upper left corner)
    ALT+Right Arrow = Go Forward (like hitting the forward arrow in the upper left corner)

The shortcuts in para 7 will work in any Microsoft product....most of the time. I am a shortcut freak and have a lot more but they don't apply here. Hope they help. Good luck.
    Last edited by rgcurtis; Jun 8, 2009, 05:21 PM. Reason: Forgot a shorcut
    RG Curtis
    U.S. Navy Silent Service

Re: UPLOADING PICTURES----Tricks and Tips

Thanks for the information and hot key info! Now the hot key info I did not know about!

Comment

Thanks. I just hate the mouse and try to use hotkeys as much as possible. I am always on the hunt for a new one....
      RG Curtis
      U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Now you see, I use my Thinkpad Ultra-Nav mouse for everything. I guess it blinds you to everything else a keyboard is capable of. Someone else on here discussed the use of "home" and "end" keys, and I was so shocked that those are valuable keys to use with posts rich with pictures and want to get to the bottom of the page. I just used the scroll bar to the right to get to the bottom, but not anymore!

Comment

I will never upload here.
          Hosting sites are so much easyer
          2 steps instead of 4 or 5.

Comment

MyFirst- CTRL+HOME = top of the page
            CTRL+END = end of page
            CTRL+A = select all
            CTRL+ENTER = insert page break (mostly for MS Word)

Mario- Understand. I am just not a fan of hosting pics to other sites. I found pics through google a friend posted to a "secure" site. He was shocked and immediately removed them. Try googling yourself in the image section....see what pops up. You might be shocked.
            RG Curtis
            U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

It took me a bit of time at first,but i'm getting the hang of it now..

There's a good FREE art program called www.artweaver.de .Although it's a german programmed package,it's available in english...It's really cool.I love playing around on this thing!

It's usefull for editing your pics.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');