• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Oxidized Red Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Oxidized Red Paint

Sorry this is a question on Removing the dead paint (with a clear coat)

Im looking for a Pro to share there trick to removing the pink discoloration!

I have persoanly used Speed Glaze #80 with various strength pads and managed to remove lots of swirls and a tiny ammount of oxidation but only very slight ammounts (this is on clear coat)

So now im looking for help and advice off the pros and mabey some other members will find it helpful?

Kind Regards
    Lee Cant

Re: Removing Oxidized Red Paint

Try something a tad more aggressive to remove the oxidation. Perhaps #83 will do the trick? Others will chime in, I'm sure.
    We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

If you have a clear coat, then you may have clear coat failure and there may not be much you can do but repaint the vehicle.
      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

I missed the part about it being a clear coat finish. Do you have pictures of the affected areas? Try to make sure they are as detailed as possible.
        We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Originally posted by OSP View Post
          Sorry this is a question on Removing the dead paint (with a clear coat)

Im looking for a Pro to share there trick to removing the pink discoloration!

I have persoanly used Speed Glaze #80 with various strength pads and managed to remove lots of swirls and a tiny ammount of oxidation but only very slight ammounts (this is on clear coat)

So now im looking for help and advice off the pros and mabey some other members will find it helpful?

Kind Regards
          Lee Cant
          Here's one way of doing it.
          Working on an extreme makeover? Show it off/seek advice here. We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Comment

Originally posted by OSP View Post

I have personally used Speed Glaze #80 with various strength pads and managed to remove lots of swirls and a tiny amount of oxidation but only very slight amounts (this is on clear coat)
            The below thread can be found in our Hot Topics forum group.

Look at the pictures in this thread and check to see if your car's paint looks like any of the pictures.

The Clearcoat Failure Photo Archive

The only honest fix to clearcoat failure is to repaint the car or the affected panels.

Nothing you pour out of a bottle or scoop out of a can from any company can permanently fix clearcoat failure.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ive noticed this with toyota vehicles with red paint.
              1984 buick grand national 1987 engine

1989 gmc s15 jimmy 4x4 winter beater

Comment

#80 is awesome on single stage paints........

Full detail is here.....
                Working on an extreme makeover? Show it off/seek advice here. We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers
                www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');