• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

woolite to clean leather?***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woolite to clean leather?***

curious...whats the ratio of woolite to water used? And is there a specific woolite product that needs to be used? (not sure if there is different types of woolite) Thanks guys/girls.

Re: woolite to clean leather?***

I've seen people say the water/Woolite ratio should be 6:1, 8:1, 10:1 & 20:1. I'm sure others here will tell you which they use.

I've always seen it specified to use the Woolite Original version.

Here's a link to the different types of Woolite:

Comment

Originally posted by Phostenix View Post
      I've seen people say the water/Woolite ratio should be 6:1, 8:1, 10:1 & 20:1. I'm sure others here will tell you which they use.

I've always seen it specified to use the Woolite Original version.

Here's a link to the different types of Woolite:
      http://www.woolite.com/products.shtml
      thanks for your input

Comment

You could...but why would you want to? There are so many great products made specifically for leather. If you are looking for something cost effective you could look at the leather cleaner/ conditioner in the D-line. It just seems funny to me to clean seats with stuff I use to wash my clothes. It does a fantastic job on clothes, but for automotive uses, I would rather use a product made specifically for leather. Just my $0.02. I am just going to wait for someone to tell me that Cadillac says to use it for leather, but then again..honda says I should be using dish soap in warm water to wash my car.
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
          You could...but why would you want to? There are so many great products made specifically for leather. If you are looking for something cost effective you could look at the leather cleaner/ conditioner in the D-line. It just seems funny to me to clean seats with stuff I use to wash my clothes. It does a fantastic job on clothes, but for automotive uses, I would rather use a product made specifically for leather. Just my $0.02. I am just going to wait for someone to tell me that Cadillac says to use it for leather, but then again..honda says I should be using dish soap in warm water to wash my car.
          The makers of leather (GST and Eagle Ottawa) for vehicles recommend a mild soap solution for cleaning leather. Most leather cleaners and Woolite diluted meet this. The rest is about packaging, convenience, medium used, scent, etc. You just have a choice. There is nothing wrong with either approach.
          Al
          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

If your leather really needs to be cleaned then APC+ and a Magic eraser will really clean them. Just dont scrub the seats with the eraser and dont do it that often. Follow that with some protectant and your seats will look like new unless they are cracked and such.

Start a New Thread or Discuss proper care for all interior surfaces including leather, vinyl, rubber, colored plastics, carpets, upholstery, and glass.

This method is fairly aggressive, I wouldnt do it if its not really needed.

As a note, if you spray APC on the leather you may notice it will 'spot' on the leather. To prevent this, spray it on the eraser and not directly on the seat.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I like the Woolite mixture for a couple of reasons....At a 10:1 mixture, it cleans leather seats very well with a microfiber towel. I have found following the Woolite/water mixture up with Gold Class Leather Conditioner provides awesome results. I can then use the same Woolite/water mixture with a microfiber towel to remove stains from plastic trim (and can then be followed up with M40), and it will remove some stains from the carpet as well. In my book, there isn't a more cost effective product out there that can do as much as the Woolite/water mixture can.

If an interior isn't real dirty, Quik Interior Detailer is the way to go, but for a neglected interior, I don't think you can beat the Woolite/water mixture when you factor in cost and effectiveness. Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');