• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing a million rock chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fixing a million rock chips

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
    There's a good book out there called 'How to paint your car'.I've read it and there is a section which describes in detail about chips.(I think it's an American publication,so you shouldn't have any trouble getting a hold of it.)
    You've certainly got a hell of a lot of chips there! I think your only solution is a respray,if you want your hood looking like new again.One or two,okay,but to touch up so many and expect a good finish would be painstakingly difficult.

If i can find the book,I'll let you know what it says.
    You know, that book could be a great find. I was telling my wife that I'm half tempted to buy a small spray gun (Lowe's has a Kobalt for about $39) and a compressor (again at Lowes, it was about $60 and is a small electric one that matches up with the spray gun kit) and learn how to try to completely repaint my hood and front bumper cover. I figure that if I learn how to do it right it would be an invaluable tool. The hood needs painted anyway so what's the big deal if I screw up.

Right now, I'm trying to fix one spot until I can get around to learning about painting.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');