• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing swirl lines from auto glass. What to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing swirl lines from auto glass. What to use?

Goodday mol,may I know what to use to remove swirl line and scratches from auto glass by rotary buffer. Any expert here. Hope to advise from fellow members thks

Re: Removing swirl lines from auto glass. What to use?

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

To remove any scratches from glass you need cerium oxide (or product containing it) and glass cutting/ leveling disc(s). Glass is ten times harder than car paint.

Use lower speeds, like 1000-1200 rpm and watch out for heat build up which may permanently reshape glass surface. Cerium oxide will throw splatter all around you so cover as much as you can.

I had some cases with deeper wiper scratches when I had to polish windshields even for 45-60 minutes.

Comment

Well, I am also interested to know as by removing swirl lines from auto glass what happens after it. Your thread is very informative as I am also looking for the auto glass shops as to replace my car's front mirror. Thanks for this information as it is very informative.

auto glass

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');