• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angle of attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle of attack

Short and sweet: is the pad suppose to be flat on the surface of the car or at a slight angle?

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Re: Angle of attack

Flat.

There was a video somewhere what showed how to pick up product with a rotary buffer, then transition to flat to work the product in. I am sure someone knows what I mean.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Generally, on a flat surface, you work on it flat.

When you are working around the raised edges, you want to lift the pad at a slight angle to avoid burning through the paint off the edges.

Comment

Thanks guys. I know theres a video on YouTube showing Mike Pennington picking up a bead but for some reason YouTube has been hosing up on me lately. I can't watch any videos from YouTube. Thanks again.

Colin
        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');